Arc Zoom Blur [Plugin Request]

I was hoping someone could create a blur effect similar to zoom blur, however it blurs on an arc... sorta kinda. Basically, it would work the same was zoom blur deluxe works, but you choose the arc to which it blurs. like... <) <-- that sort of. I don't know how else to explain it... anyone know what I mean? >_>

Ok... so say you select everything between 90 degrees and 0 degrees, it would zoom blur things in that quarter only.

Previously i've just been copying the layer, and cutting out what i needed from the zoomed layer... but honestly, its frustrating and difficult to get the right center point.

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

I was completely baffled and confused about what you were requesting until I read your example. Basically, you want an angle selector using the Conditional Hue/Sat color wheel selector UI [without the color in the circle, of course], right?*

*Run-on sentence!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I would use the grid/checker plugin with a large size square and centered on cross, on a new layer.

Then select each squares covering the corner surface you want to apply your effect.

Make this layer invisible and select the layer the modify, while the selection is stilll active and apply your effect.

This is something I would really find useful as well. Maybe this could just be added to one of the current Zoom Plugins, or would it need to be a new plugin?

I'm sorry Madjik, but your description really lost me (but I appear to be easily confused... lol).

Thanks,

M_Lyons4_Signature.jpg

My First Signature...

I would use the grid/checker plugin with a large size square and centered on cross, on a new layer.

Then select each squares covering the corner surface you want to apply your effect.

Make this layer invisible and select the layer the modify, while the selection is stilll active and apply your effect.

Not that that's difficult, but this plugin would make it so much easier... couple clicks, et viola...

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

Same here. Since I don't know any other programming code apart from HTML, I feel like I'm learning advanced stuff without the basics. And the thought of learning both Java and C# just overwhelms me... And dang it, I have enough to do with school.