How to Install Plugins ×

ScriptLab

pyrochild

Multi-Colored gradient is the culprit. I'll look into it after I finish what I'm doing and eat dinner. Hopefully I can find a workaround.

Ahh, then let me use your Gradient Mapping for now to get around it :)

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Wait...Gradient Mapping won't work on what I'm tryign to do :?

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

if Multi-Color Gradient can do it, then Gradient + Gradient Mapping can.

The trick is finding the old Gradient plugin :D

Anyhow, I found the problem. One of the custom datatypes the MCG plugin is using is not marked as Serializable. Meaning it can't be serialized. Meaning it can't be saved. Meaning ScriptLab will cry if you do try to save it. And there's nothing I can do about it, other than politely request that the author of that plugin marks it as Serializable. Otherwise, tough luck.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

if Multi-Color Gradient can do it, then Gradient + Gradient Mapping can.

The trick is finding the old Gradient plugin :D

Anyhow, I found the problem. One of the custom datatypes the MCG plugin is using is not marked as Serializable. Meaning it can't be serialized. Meaning it can't be saved. Meaning ScriptLab will cry if you do try to save it. And there's nothing I can do about it, other than politely request that the author of that plugin marks it as Serializable. Otherwise, tough luck.

romein hasn't been on for awhile.....

tough luck on those who are waiting for 1 of my tut... :?

*Looks for the old Gradient plugin..

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I need some help please, do not know if I am doing the correct procedure when saving effects in script lab.

When I find a cool effect and want to save it in the script lab, I open the script lab, click the effect on the left side of the U.I., click add effect and then save, right? But the effect windows that opens up with script lab has the default settings, so I have to go back to check the settings I've used for that effect, write them down and then re-write them again in script lab and save the effect? ...o.m.g. I am sure I am doing a mess... Thanks!

I need some help please, do not know if I am doing the correct procedure when saving effects in script lab.

When I find a cool effect and want to save it in the script lab, I open the script lab, click the effect on the left side of the U.I., click add effect and then save, right? But the effect windows that opens up with script lab has the default settings, so I have to go back to check the settings I've used for that effect, write them down and then re-write them again in script lab and save the effect? ...o.m.g. I am sure I am doing a mess... Thanks!

Yep you're doing right, ScriptLab opens the effects at their default settings, you have to reproduce the effect, that you've done outside SL, in the editor :)

edit: Major typo

If you use the Save button, it saves the settings to a file for reloading later. If you just want to run the script you've written (and have it still be there when you reopen ScriptLab), just click OK.

xZYt6wl.png

Many thanks Pyro and Miguel, I got it now :idea: :D (May I ask just an other question: is there a way to resize the U.I. (make it smaller) in order to have a better vision of the layer? (I tried with mouse but while it works on paint.net default windows, it seems it does not on the script.lab U.I., I know it is transparent but I am always already fighting with all the paint.net windows, moving them all around to have a better vision, resizing them, excluding and resetting :) )

Thanks again and sorry for all these questions,

Ciao

No, ScriptLab's window is not resizable. Even if it was, the current size would be set as the minimum, as that's the amount of room required to display all of the elements. You would only be able to make it bigger, not smaller.

barkbark: Yes, that's content aware image resizing, like you might have seen in all those YouTube videos from SIGRAPH and whatnot. It's far from ready, though, and I haven't worked on it in a couple months. I needed a fresh mind. I'll probably start working on it again soon, after a couple of my other projects are out the door. (I guess I forgot to blur that in the top image... it's blurred in the bottom one!)

xZYt6wl.png

I'm surprised no one else noticed that... ;)

I've dropped hints in ScriptLab screenshots in the past as well, and nobody noticed those either. And those ones were on purpose. I even told people to "look closely."

xZYt6wl.png

Actually, it will be 3.0, because the first version of Batch Processor will be 2.2. The version numbers between ScriptLab and Batch Processor are going to remain the same, to avoid confusion:

-I have ScriptLab 2.2, and Batch Processor is not working!

-What version of BP you got?

-You need 1.3.4322.12384

-Oh!

xZYt6wl.png

oh yes way to go burst my bubble.

this is probably a dumb question but is there any way to print out a text file of the .sls ? short of opening the script and double cliking each effect, and manually typing settings to a text file. I'd like to look and see if I can modify one script to something else.

edit actually I've 2.2.3038.29168