2 suggestions (Image saving dialog and curved lines)

RejZoR

Curved lines suggestion

Is there any possibility to add some kind of OK button next to every curved line you make? Sometimes you want to draw something using multiple curves and you have to click some other tool to get rid of those 4 curving points so you can attach another curve right to already made one.

If you don't do it you get that hand cursor which is meant to move the cruve points. I hope you understand what i mean coz i had some problems showing that in picture (since cursor is not shown on screenshots).

Save preview zooming

I somehow miss this feature from Paintshop Pro 9.

Zooming the final save preview is very useful to fine tune compression for best compression/quality ratio (comparing pixels to pixels). Especially on small images like avatars or other files where size matters (but at highest quality level allowed for that filesize).

It would be even better to have split dialog with original image and compressed one side by side for even easier comparing of compression level vs quality.

previewsavezoom4zb.jpg

rejzor.png

Curved lines suggestion

Is there any possibility to add some kind of OK button next to every curved line you make? Sometimes you want to draw something using multiple curves and you have to click some other tool to get rid of those 4 curving points so you can attach another curve right to already made one.

If you don't do it you get that hand cursor which is meant to move the cruve points. I hope you understand what i mean coz i had some problems showing that in picture (since cursor is not shown on screenshots).

You can press the Enter key to finalize a curve. I'm right handed, so the number pad's enter key is convenient to tap with my thumb while my hand is on the mouse. But you do bring up a good point, even if inadvertently: people don't read the little help text at the bottom of the window :( I really like the idea of an "OK" button of sorts, as this would solve the "people don't read the help" issue, but I'm not sure where a good place to put it would be. Hmm ...

Save preview zooming

I somehow miss this feature from Paintshop Pro 9.

Zooming the final save preview is very useful to fine tune compression for best compression/quality ratio (comparing pixels to pixels). Especially on small images like avatars or other files where size matters (but at highest quality level allowed for that filesize).

It would be even better to have split dialog with original image and compressed one side by side for even easier comparing of compression level vs quality.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone asked for this... I'll see what I can come up with.

As for the Dodge Viper ... That's a sweet car in this game, I'm up to challenging the blacklist #3 guy:

vipersmall.jpg

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

people don't read the little help text at the bottom of the window

Perhaps popup tooltips over the button to the tool?

for a certain hover time, of course. (like 500ms)

Preview

tooltipprotobtwrickthiswasdone.png

~~

I really like the idea of an "OK" button of sorts, as this would solve the "people don't read the help" issue, but I'm not sure where a good place to put it would be. Hmm ...

Perhaps, as with the Text tools Move widget, you could create a pulsating button near the origin like this:

curveline.png

That way, people wouldn't have to move their cursor off the canvas to click a button, then back on to start a new line.

Though how that would work with localization, I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Perhaps popup tooltips over the button to the tool?

for a certain hover time, of course. (like 500ms)

Good idea ... although the Line/Curve tool has multiple help texts, and it updates the text at the bottom of the window depending on the state of the tool (before drawing, before curving, during curving). So people would still miss the "press enter to finish the curve" text.
Perhaps, as with the Text tools Move widget, you could create a pulsating button near the origin like this:

Yes, the problem is of repositioning the button to get out of the way. For instance, if the user drags that nub to the very bottom right of the image, I wouldn't want the button to be standing on top of the nub. It's not an impossible problem by any means (I hope), just one that requires a bit of thought. Localization would be no problem though. It would just be treated like any other chunk of text that we would measure and then draw a box around.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg