Openfonts worked once...

jamfx

The ability to use a font or not (as I understand it) is tied to the .NET framework.

The main reason I bothered reading this thread is that I had a vague recollection of a particular font not working after having worked before and learning that OpenFont font types aren't supported.

I wouldn't count him out as lying or incorrect just because not everyone has run into the same situation. I've certainly seen some odd things happen on PCs over the years, and the more software someone has installed, the odder they get.

That said, if we're talking about "how can I use this font in an image I create with Paint.NET, you have a couple of options.

1. Find a comparable TrueType Font

2. Create the text in a different program (maybe even MS Paint), save it as an image, and import it into Paint.NET (or edit it with Paint.NET)

3. See if somebody can convert the font to TrueType

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Hi drakaan,

thank you! Really thank you! You are the first who is realy thinking about my options. I will do it like you said. I will work around it, with another program!

Thank you again!

JamFX

There are 10 people in the world who can read binary code.

Thoes who can, and those who don't...

http://www.nik-o-mat.de -> Free Software & Joomla Hints

This is the best way to add opentype fonts in your Paint.NET image (you'll need this plugin):

1. Open something like Microsoft Office Word (with a white background)

2. Type your desired text in whatever font and size you want. Make sure it's in black

3. Take a screenshot of the document

4. Open Paint.NET and past the screenshot

5. Select only the text area of the document

6. Go to Effects > Color Space > RBG to CYMK

6.5: In that plugin, move the slider to "blacK" and click "OK"

Viola! You now have opentype font text in Paint.NET!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Hi usedHonda,

thank you for your help. I allready had this plugin :) But I did as you told me but I did it with OpenOffice ;)

I will use this workaround until PdN will work again with my openfonts... Maybe one day I'll get hit by lightning... No, I mean, OpenFonts will work (again) ;)

Thanks to everyone

JamFX

There are 10 people in the world who can read binary code.

Thoes who can, and those who don't...

http://www.nik-o-mat.de -> Free Software & Joomla Hints