Openfonts worked once...

jamfx

Hi everybody,

I got a strange Problem. I created an image with a text inside. I used a opentype font called Unibody for it. After a fiew weeks I wanted to do something new with this font, but now I couldn't use it anymore in my Paint.net, but I don't know why? I know that it worked once...

Can anybody tell me how to reactivate this fonts in my Paint.net? Just for you I added the font here in a zip-file. It's free font from this website

http://www.underware.nl/site2/index.php3?id1=fonts

I would love to be able to use it again...

Thanks

JamFX

unibody.zip

There are 10 people in the world who can read binary code.

Thoes who can, and those who don't...

http://www.nik-o-mat.de -> Free Software & Joomla Hints

You used it in PdN before? 'Cause as I understand it, the .NET framework only allows a TrueType font to be used...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well, what do you mean by "Can't use it anymore?"

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

...okay, maybe nobody else is curious, but I am. How would he have been able to use an OpenType font before, when he is unable to use the same font now?

Regardless of whether Paint.NET/.net 2.0 supports OpenType, how would he have been able to *ever* make use of it?

That's the real question underlying his "how can I use this font again" request.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Hi drakan is absolutely right! *thanks for this! :)

Maybe I used a beta version in the meantime... I updated paint.net recently after it suggested it to me to 3.10... Is there a way to find this out? Can I install some more PdN-Versions simultaneously?

Greetings

JamFX from Berlin

...okay, maybe nobody else is curious, but I am. How would he have been able to use an OpenType font before, when he is unable to use the same font now?

Funny, when I first read this topic, I thought the same thing.

I just figured that they were mistaken and it had never worked with Paint.NET. (Perhaps they used a different font, or they used a different program.)

Hi drakan is absolutely right! *thanks for this! :)

Maybe I used a beta version in the meantime... I updated paint.net recently after it suggested it to me to 3.10... Is there a way to find this out? Can I install some more PdN-Versions simultaneously?

Greetings

JamFX from Berlin

I'm not sure if you can...do you know for sure what version you were using before you updated to 3.10?

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Hi,

I can just tell you once more: "I used this font with PdN once!"... Maybe you can start thinking about it once more, on why this could happen to me once...

Do you wish to see the file? Have a look at my website http://www.nik-o-mat.de and look at the text-logo nik-o-mat.de

This was done with PdN!

Thank you once more!

JamFX

Hi,

I can just tell you once more: "I used this font with PdN once!"... Maybe you can start thinking about it once more, on why this could happen to me once...

Do you wish to see the file? Have a look at my website http://www.nik-o-mat.de and look at the text-logo nik-o-mat.de

This was done with PdN!

Thank you once more!

JamFX

You do realize he wrote the program, right?

Maybe you had a TrueType version of the font once?

Thany you for your reply and of course I realized, that he worte PdN. But I do know too what I did! And I do know that I showed you the resource, where I got the font from and so you can now think of your self, if a wonder happened to me than I will start playing the lottery. But as much as I know it's easier to get hit by lightning...

Hey, I don't want to bother or worry anybody. I just wanted to ask, what could have happened? As you can see, it worked once. I didn't change anything in the meantime except the PdN-version

Thank you once more!

Yours

JamFX

I was just saying, if you managed to flummox the author, it's not likely anyone else will be able to figure it out :-)

Hi, I am proud to have the authors interest now! This wasn't on my mind, but if I do so, hopefully he can do or tell me something about it... Maybe something more than, NOPE not possible... As you can see: I did it :)

JamFX

Paint.NET has never worked with openfonts. There wasnt some bug way back that let people use openfonts, and there wasnt some time that pdn supported openfonts, but Rick said, "Bye openfonts. Ill get rid of you just for fun." They have never worked. It must have been a different font that you were using or something.

I'm still alive!

Hi,

ok, than I realy should start playing the lottery or start my personal lightninghunting...

Can anybody think of this possibility in a way that doesn't let me stand like an idiot? I know what I did. I'm not a studpid kid that want's to play... I just want to use PdN as I did before!

So please everybody:

Start thinking in the direction of what could have happened to me.

I just repeat my question (as I did only 2-3 times before)

What can I do to use this font (I posted in my topicstart) again with my PdN?! I used EXATLY this font, not anything else! I USED PdN and used some more openfonts with it. So please somebody, think with me...

Thank you!

JamFX

I think you copied the Truetype font from some Mac.

Can anybody think of this possibility in a way that doesn't let me stand like an idiot? I know what I did.

It's like saying you've seen a ghost or something, even if it's true (well, even if you think it's true), nobody will believe you.

At least, I don't believe you.

Who else?

*Massive crowd raise hands*

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio