Sign in to follow this  
fallback

How did you guys end up in pdn? + Paint.NET and YOU!

I cant remember exactly how i found pdn but I remember I was looking for an alternative for Photoshop because I didn't have enough money for it. At first, it seemed like a slightly better version of MS paint because I barely knew anything about photo editing.

After a few months of experimenting with new ideas, i found out that one of my friends used pdn all the time and he made some amazing signatures and he told me there was a forum so I found the forum and just started downloading new effects and trying every tutorial.

my story is a very uninteresting and un-eventful one. My friend was surfing a forum that she was apart of and I saw a very interesting signature on it. I asked who made it, and she said that she did. So, naturally I asked how and she told me to go google. That was it, go to google, so later that night I went to google and she came on messenger and told me to look up Paint.net and volia that's how I found it. Before this I used to spend hours cursing at The GIMP because it didn't like me.

Not too long ago, i really enjoyed playing the Sims, I was looking up tutorial for editing pictures for custom stuff. They gave a list of programs, and only one of them was free, so i chose that one thinking oh i will only us it for sims. Soon enough though i was looking at tutorials, and really started to use Paint.Net.

:D:D:D

2 years ago, I was really into manga. I'd draw ALL the time. But I sucked at colors. So I bought a book to help you draw manga, and it was almost no help to me. Almost, because it mentioned I could use software for color. I downloaded Photoshop (trial), then I realised I didn't have a scanner, so no colors. so I started fiddling around with Photoshop, I started drawing (sucky) manga with my mouse. Then the trial ran out, I stopped GFXs for a while until I found PDN by accident while looking for themes on CrystalXP.net. First tutorial I read was "How to make a 'Wave'" and the first plugin I downloaded was Feather.

well, i started using pdn a few years ago, i think, well i was searching to see if there was going to be an update for ms paint, i couldent find one, but then i saw something, paint.net, at the bottom of google, at that time i thaught is was a website for painters or something, but then i clicked. i'm happy i was bored that day, well thats it really, so ends my tale of adventure...

sorry for the end, i got kinda carried away :oops:

I wanted to enter a card-making competition on zazzle. But in order to do that I had to do "transparencies" - I'd never heard of them. A dear friend gave me the site to download this pdn. I've loved it ever since, and have even made posts in the forums to show off my work.

"Exploding planets" tutorial

and "how old are you" in overflow

It was in the summer of 2007, I was reading PC Plus and looking through the various image editing packages availible. I experimented briefly, but not for a huge length of time. A while later I attempted to re-skin Windows, I did not have PhotoPlus (the photo-editing program I was using at that time) on that computer, but did have Paint.NET from the experimental installation from a while ago. I checked the wikipedia article to find out more information about the program and saw the information about plugins. Soon after I searched for the information on TheCodeProject and found some information and FilmNoir was born. From then I soon moved to using the program, I felt that the program was oganised in a simpler way and the online community provided tutorials showing what could be achieved.

Coincidentally, it was my brother, a strong Photoshop advocate (he's tried to convert me several times), was the one who introduced me to PDN 2 (?) years ago. I used it for a little bit, then stopped for a long time. I started again just under a year ago, and been with it since. I joined the forums around Christmastime last year.

Well I use to, about a year ago now, post on the Roller Coast Tycoon 3 forums and make logos for people. All I used was MS Paint. So I just added text, and done.

Then, a good friend who I made logos for told me about PdN, and now I'm here. :)

Rather odd, how I came here. I used to play the MMO MapleStory a LOT. It was, like, my life. :roll: Anyway, those who play/have played may know the site basilmarket.com. It's a site for auctions for items in MapleStory. You can post screenshots and MS-related pictures on that site. There was one comic made that caught my fancy, and in the description, it said "Made with Paint.NET." (No way...advertising really works?) It did for me. I downloaded it and tried it out, first using it for more Basilmarket purposes. A few months later, I joined the forums, started following tutorials and playing around with PDN and I'm here where I am today! :D Thank you, random basilmarket guy/girl!

Rather odd, how I came here. I used to play the MMO MapleStory a LOT. It was, like, my life. :roll: Anyway, those who play/have played may know the site basilmarket.com. It's a site for auctions for items in MapleStory. You can post screenshots and MS-related pictures on that site. There was one comic made that caught my fancy, and in the description, it said "Made with Paint.NET." (No way...advertising really works?) It did for me. I downloaded it and tried it out, first using it for more Basilmarket purposes. A few months later, I joined the forums, started following tutorials and playing around with PDN and I'm here where I am today! :D Thank you, random basilmarket guy/girl!

Wait a minute. I used to play MapleStory. And go on BasilMarket. And make comics!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Forgot if I every put "Made with Paint.NET." on my comic (description) or not, though.

I stumbled upon PDN whilst looking for a free Photoshop alternative, and an alternative to MS Paint. Since i found PDN, i've never used MS Paint. :lol:

I was looking for a free alternative to Adobe Photoshop. I was so frustrated that having no job and not having any money for buying Photoshop, I decided that a free program will do. At first, I was actually a little scared to use it, but when I looked at some of the images and then the tutorials, I was like, "Hey, I want my images to look like that." From that day on, I was addicted to Paint.NET. People aren't rude here and are more than happy to help (at least I hope so :? )

Kudos to the people who made this program!

I was searching for a free, open source alternative to the costly Adobe PS so I searched around.

I first tried GIMP, but it proved too complicated and too messy. I looked for a less messier and simpler one but just as powerful. Then came Paint.NET.

I was with my uncle, messing around through his laptop (vista had barely come out) when I saw a Paint.NET icon on his desktop. I was like - is that just a supped up Paint, or what? So I opened it, started messing around (Polar Inversion was awesome! :P ) and pretty soon I was hooked.

That's how I came to PDN, but I have no idea how he did.