Does anyone know how to do CG lineart?

I need to know how to "ink" my manga drawings on Paint.NET, but I can't find any tutorials for Paint.NET on the web. I've searched on Google and Yahoo many times, but I could only find tuts for Photoshop mostly.

Here is an example for Adobe Illustrator: http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/computer/ ... index.html

On page 2, it shows the pencil image, and then the darkened image. I'd like to do that with Paint.NET. Today, I tried to do lineart with the line/curve tool :LineCurveTool:. Would using the brush be easier? :PaintBrushTool:

Also, is there any way instead of tracing it by the mouse o.O Like a shortcut that can darken the image, and also clean up the grey parts when you darken? When I duplicate the layer and multiply it, grey parts are visible.

Thank you!

Actually, from the look of that tutorial, it seems as if he wants to figure out how to do digital inking of a pencil drawing, rather than the coloring.

For that, you might be able to use the line tool and drag the nubs to approximate that process. If that's not precise enough, I recommend that you take a look at Inkscape, which I use for that kind of thing all the time (import your drawing after it's been scanned, and just draw the inked lines over top of it as in the tutorial you linked to).

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Well, yeah. The tutorial I did especially focuses on coloring.

Anyway, do you know Photoshop's vector Tool?

People who draw with PS always use it to redo lineart. Of course, if you want to redo lineart in Paint.NET, you have some choices:

Draw it again in a new layer. I recommend making the original lineart less opaque to be able to se what you're doing better. I did this one (http://takemangaka.deviantart.com/art/B ... l-62644990) using that method. Not recommended though. Takes too long to finish.

You could try using the Brightness/Contrast, Pencil Sketch, Ink Sketch, Curves and Levels to work the image strenght. Also, the Erode/Dilate Effect can make the outline thicker or thiner, it is really useful for me.

logoforum3eg4.jpg

I'm BRAZILIAN!

I love Anime Art!

Oh, yeah, about cleaning the image... the Contrast Adjustment, as well as the Curves and the Level, are perfect for adjusting noise problems, excessive ink spots, or whatever... of course, using the brush/line tool to redo parts is fundamental. And I would recommend you to use a tablet, it's easier than the mouse.

logoforum3eg4.jpg

I'm BRAZILIAN!

I love Anime Art!