How do you type a copyright sign?

kipper010

Or for any other symbol you can try, tip by david.awell, Start > Run > and type 'charmap' with no quotations.

Alternatively, this can be found through Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map. This might save you if you don't have access to a word processor such as the suggested Microsoft Word (not trying to rain down on your fire, ncfan51 ;)).

Most laptops do have a numpad, they're just hard to get to. Hold down your function key (usually near Ctrl and Alt) and hit the NumLock key (mine just looks like a pictogram of a numpad). Then it usually maps to these keys:

789 > 789

uio > 456

jkl > 123

m > 0

Or just use Charmap :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

me thinks that charmap would be easier than getting fake num pad

Sure, for this. But what if you're doing data entry?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

get a real keyboard and hook it up lol

But if you're using a laptop, you're probably on the go, and have no room for a full keyboard. Like a police officer, typing in driver's license numbers (in Indiana, they're just numbers - no letters).

i was kidding

You were right (for the most part), though :-)

• 2 months later...

Why did you dig up a week-old topic to say that?!

If we wanted to type ©, we wouldn't have had that conversation. :-)