Sign in to follow this  
adhanberry

Apple iPhone or Apple iPod Touch?

Would YOU rather purchase the iPod Touch or the iPhone?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would YOU rather purchase the iPod Touch or the iPhone?

• Neither
    • iPhone
    • iPod Touch
    • Both

Dang! i don't know anything about these things. My youngest son was over yesterday and he showed me this chip he has in his shoe that tell his ipod how far and how fast he runs. He says Lance talks to him says, "Good job a new personal best". Well how in the world did you ever get along without that! One of my daughters works at verison and her phone does everything but fold the laundry. My youngest daughter has this (I think it is an ipod) thing that is the size of a coin. We will see how long it takes to lose that. I can't keep up with you young people. Sometimes it seems to me like the rest of the world is speaking Greek.

I was planning on purchasing the iPhone until I found out that they were using outdated technology (I.E. EDGE data instead of 3G, etc). The interface and screen are fantastic, but I am going to stick with my Blackberry Curve until things get updated, then I will get one :)

The real iPod Touch is actually a very sleek looking thing. My original verdict was made based on a faulty news announcement I saw: The headline had the names iPod Touch / iPhone, but the image associated with the news article was one of the Nano Video, a wholly undesirable piece of square.

Still, though I certainly can't fault Apple for the design, I have no desire to have an iTouch in my pocket... <_<

the Nano Video, a wholly undesirable piece of square.

That thing is hideous. What was Apple thinking?! The 1st generation Nano (which I have) was quite sleek, and the 2nd gen was pretty nice too. Why'd they have to go and ruin the Nano line? Argh. It looks like an obese midget...

That thing is hideous. What was Apple thinking?! The 1st generation Nano (which I have) was quite sleek, and the 2nd gen was pretty nice too. Why'd they have to go and ruin the Nano line? Argh. It looks like an obese midget...

Pyrochild I must agree with you. The Nano Videos screens are too small and the look absolutely, horrible. Could it be that Appl is falling into Corruption?

I chose iPhone, and i shall be getting one when it reaches my shores in a few months.

Hopefully by then we might even grab a decent line rental. I will also desperately need a new phone by then. Does anyone HAVE an iPhone? IS it as great as i'm thinking after seeing promo videos?

Oh, and also, incase you're wondering, I'm from the UK.

lol i agree

... Does anyone HAVE an iPhone? ...

I don't actually own an iPhone. I know someone who does own one and she absolutely loves it. Her only complaint is that sometimes the Internet's slow. That's her only complaint.

I actually got the chance, however, to play with one myself for about an hour (I'm surprised they didn't kick me out of the store :wink: ). The way the iPhone looked and felt absolutely amazed me. I figured that the iPhone would not be as good as it looked on television just because everything looks good on television, but boy was I WRONG! I found absolutely no reason (besides the price) to not purchase it.

Maybe this will help you decide whether to get one or not. BTW, when exactly are y'all (people in the U.K.) going to get the iPhones?

Fourth quarter of 2007. Play.com has the new line of iPod in for this coming Monday and Touch for later this month. Play.com usually have their dates precise and especially when bearing closer to the final weeks before release, so with all being well the hysteria of new Apple products shall suffocate us all very soon...

Does anyone HAVE an iPhone? IS it as great as i'm thinking after seeing promo videos?

Rick does. He made two blog posts about it somewhere here: http://blog.getpaint.net/

As far as music players go, I'd choose the Neo1973 (my avatar). It's a touch screen phone, yes, but it'll also run almost anything a Linux PC can, so it'll run programs like Pidgin, Firefox, and VLC***.

***It's a media player

To be honest I have really lost touch with the new gadgets that are out now, and plus they are way more expensive than my wardrobe...(I don't have many things in there because that's the kind of person I am.) I'm still stuck with a First Generation Nano, but it still going strong.