CD Labels (You know, the image that is on the actual disc.)

I recently started graphic designing images for people who requested custom art. Since then, I have been able to make flyers, posters, ads, brochures, album covers, MySpace/Website designs, etc,. I have figured out a lot since I first found this program. I'm glad I did, because it makes everything easy. (Props to the people who made this). However, recently I was asked to make a CD Label. I said "sure", but I ran into a problem. I don't know how to make the canvas round/circular. how do you do this? Is it even possible to do this with Paint.NET....? If so, how...? If not, does anyone know of a good free program I can use to create CD Labels. I already know the dimensions of a standard-sized/regular Compact Disc. Now I just need to fix the canvas. Can anyone help? Thanks!

You cant make the canvas round or anyother shape but rectangular. You can create a shape the size of the CD, and keep the rest transparent.

For CD labels, you can do that stuff in paint.net, but stuff like this would probobly be better. Thats what I use.

is there anyway I can lock the disc shape down (so it can't be modified [temporarily])?

is there anyway I can lock the disc shape down (so it can't be modified [temporarily])?

Just put it on the bottom layer and don't touch. There isn't a lock layer command as of yet.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Just put it on the bottom layer and don't touch. There isn't a lock layer command as of yet.

That is how I do it when I create an image for a lightscribe cd. I think it's a 1200x1200 canvas with a circle that touches all four edges on the second layer and I create whatever image I want starting on the third layer.

Signature14c.png