rounded corners on a square button?

jp2paint

There are tuts out there to make rounded corners on buttons and other tuts out there on how to make glass buttons. There is even a tut out there to make a brushed steel finish!

I'm wanting to make a glass button with rounded corners, but not just a glass button with the corners chopped off like BuzzKill's Making glass buttons.

I'd like to see the corners of my glass rectangle look like rounded sides of an opal or give it a fancy gem cut edge. Can this be done (I read Ash's tuts for gemstones and BuzzKill's tut on Glass Text, but these aren't quite what I'm after)?

In pwn247's Brushed Metal with Shine and Color), how could I turn this into a button with rounded corners that bends down around the edges?

I've been tasked with making a skin for our new software product, and I'd like the controls around the bottom to have a glass look, but I don't know how to combine the round glass button effects to the rectangular glass button effects.

Did this question even make sense?

I Googled this, and it is something like what I'm going after:

ArcSkins.png

See how the dial with the controls is not just round, but the radius merges into the boarder.

How would something like that be done while perserving the shadow/lighting effects?

~Joe

Avoid Sears Home Improvement (click to read why)

I did something similar for the inset portion of the LCD monitor I made here

It sounds like you're talking about making a beveled edge and smooth highlights.

There are a lot of different approaches, but for a complex shape, you might start with the basic opening, use "outline object" to create the beveled area in a contrasting color, and then use that to make a selection area where you can overlay different highlights or gradients. A bit of gaussian blurring, and you have a nicely rounded edge.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

This have been answered many time, please try to use search.

Jesus, Ash. You are a moderator, so you should have some intelligence.

If you'll pay attention to my question, you'll see that I've already searched: I found tuts on glass buttons, glass text, gemstones, brushed metal, and obviously many more that were too irrelevant to mention.

Further, in the Q&GD area, questions do not always indicate their content.

For example, see:

Mmmm question

Help this newbie?

I need some expert critique.

please help

I DID read the rules...

As of 07 Sept, 2007 at 1:10 CST, there are 75 incomprehensible pages of it to wade through.

I'll be happy to use your search feature just as soon as you figure out how to make it work! What would you suggest I use as my search criteria?

~Joe

This have been answered many time, please try to use search.

My apologies, Ash.

I deserve a good kick in the pants for that.

It just frusterates me when I do my search, can't find it, give a detailed description of what I'm having a problem with, and someone spews out that I should try doing a search first.

Basically, I searched, but I could not find anything that did what I wanted.

~Joe