Step-by-step tutorial guide for beginners

HELLO !

I am totally new to Paint.net and I have never used anything like it before - just easy-to-use software like Picasa but I would like to move one up. And several French software sites praise Paintnet. I was wondering whether you could let me know whether there is a "step by step tutorial guide for beginners" that would allow me to get started. One in French would be a great asset as I have just installed the latest French v3.10 version.

By the way, is there a French website for Paint.net ? I haven't been able to find one via the Net ?

Thank you very much for any advice you can give me.

Best wishes

Selestina

1. Read the rules. viewforum.php?f=20 & follow them!!

2. Read the help file. http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/index.html or hit F1 in PDN.

3. Try as many tuts as you can. while doing that, you will learn about plugins as well.

4. Download all the plugins and try em out.

5. Post you work for others to see in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1072 abd to get feed back.

6. Use Search first and ask questions when needed.

Paint.NET is not just 1 step from picasa.

Welcome to the forum. :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Thank you Ash and Bob for your prompt replies.

I do realize paint.net is more than one up from Picasa ! The help file is what I needed. As one British friend says : "If all fails read the instructions".

Some friends of mine will be very interested in the French help file when it comes out as their English isn't up to understanding your explanations in the current helpfile.

Bravo for all your hard work ...

And now for me it is... au travail ! getting to grips with the software... :D

I agree.

Not everyone comes from a graphics interface background. Those who have used tools like PDN before know what to ask. The tutorials are there, but they are typically posted by others who have graphics backgrounds - they skip steps and/or neglect to specify details.

Many of the images in the "tuts" are hosted on sites like photobucket. Any image can be posted on sites like these, and as such, our corporate network blocks us from viewing them. Other work places could do this, too.

Also, it does little good to search, because the search tool doesn't seem to be working very well.

I'd like to see an actual Help file (with examples would be fabulous) included in a future version.

~Joe

Avoid Sears Home Improvement (click to read why)

Selestina

Try going to babelfish.altavista.com. It has a feature where you can enter a web url and have the site contents translated from one language to another.

Just type (or copy/paste) the url of the Paint.NET help site into the section where is says "Translate a web page", choose the option to translate from English to French and hit the translate button.

Babelfish.png

The page will appear translated into French (albeit, probably with a few grammatical errors), but you can navigate from page-to-page and each will be in French. This should be enough for you and your friends to begin to understand the basics.

Translation2.png

You might also try Google Translate, which offers the same features and may yield better translation results.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png