Plugin Request: Fractal Renderer

Is it possible to create a plugin that renders "simple" (cause they are not a simple thing :D ) fractals, like Mandelbrot's, Newton's, julia's, etc...

I would assume that the coding behind it wouldn't be hard but the formulas would be more complicated.

The Wiki on Fractals

Some images and wiki links:

A Mandelbrot Fractal

Julia Set and the Wiki

Burning Ship Fractal and his Wiki

So... Is it do-able?

[Just a off topic doubt. Sorry. What's with the little black dot on some topics?]

So you want to put an UI on the Fractal codelab scripts.

It has been requested a lot already.

Say this is my fir... err second item on my "Paint.NET todo-list when I know C#".

In fact I may look at the Codelab scripts when I have time, as simply putting an UI on it seems easy.

[Just a off topic doubt. Sorry. What's with the little black dot on some topics?]

Mean you already wrote on it.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Here are a couple examples that I've done with the CodeLab scripts...

Mandel and Julia.

I've created a few dll's out of the scripts using the standard CodeLab 3 slider UI but only having 3 variables is just not quite enough for fractals. If I had time I'd learn a little C# but alas, there is never enough time for everything...

The dot shows that you have posted in that topic. ;)[/off topic]

Signature14c.png

Ok i quit I can't understand C# without proper training first, I can't do this, just build the dll from Boltbait's source. Sorry guys this should be in Vb.Net.

Can anyone please make it, more than Mandelbrot and Julia sets, cause Boltbait already did a great work on those.

Theoretically you could keep the algorithm in C# and do the front-end in VB.NET, all in the same dll, IIRC.

edit: Not that I want to bow down BoltBait, but he didn't wrote the samples, AFAIK.

They were included in the first Codelab, so I assume they were gathered by Rick, Tom, or another early fellow developers (Help > About...).

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Theoretically you could keep the algorithm in C# and do the front-end in VB.NET, all in the same dll,

That's good news but I would need someone to explain out to do that, or some link into some place where it teaches that.

BoltBait, but he didn't wrote the samples

Anyway it was a good gatherin'

Yes indeed. I was almost going to pixelate the icon in anticipating this kind of comment. :D

Icon is useless if the effect doesn't work, so that comes first.

Cool! But isnt that the same icon for your align object plugin? :D

Already did.

Cool! But before you publish it, can you make sure it goes into its own effect menu (like Fractal)?