An idea about spreading

I just had an idea about how to spread paint.net you see firefox have this thing called firemongerhttp://www.firemonger.info/index.php?lang=en&page=home which is burnable material so when you want to give paint.net to someone you just burn the cd and give it away but the difference is that the cd contains all explanations links tutorials addons and so on so when somebody gets the cd he has a nice autostart with everything he needs. so what about that?

but the difference is that the cd contains all explanations links tutorials addons and so on so when somebody gets the cd he has a nice autostart with everything he needs.

Aren't they yet included in the help menu?

And I have meanwhile informed all people I like about PDN. I will not burn CDs, go to the park and say to strangers: "This is Paint.Net. Install it." :)

Lots of Luka's.

This is bit like that book scheme that happens in places. You pick up a book, either of your own or found in a park somewhere, you read said book, you then leave that book in a public place like a park bench or...somewhere.

It's a good idea, but you have two sides to this.

1) it passes around a piece of software the receiver either wants, doesn't want or will hate you for forcing it upon then.

2) in a society where everything is being put onto hard drives - images, DVD movies, music, television programmes etc. - will the CD with PDN on just become a burden for that person who then decides they can't be bothered to upload the CD and install the software on it. Plus, then there's compatibility issues, can your CD drive use such CDs/DVDs?

I personally see no need for it, but then you're not me so you do as you please, and who knows, perhaps it will rekindle a lost art of chain mailing. There is no harm in trying :).