Forum has been UPGRADED to phpBB 3 -- post "bugs" here

Additionally, the new Paint.NET search page is also not returning results of posts made prior to the upgrade.

It is, it just is taking its time to finish up indexing or something. Like if I search for "fire", the last result has a post from July. The number of results for that query has double over the last week.

I removed paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/* from the search index. It should naturally improve over the next few weeks.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Well, one thing i'd like to report is this: My PSP doesn't like phpBB 3.0. It doesn't load the pictures, and the ;layout is confusing me... However, i don't expect you to be able to fix it... I guess it's just a rant.

Is there any way of editing these messages, or reporting them to the phpBB3 devs?

It's absolutely useless. Absolutely. Useless.

useful.png

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Guys, keep in mind that MOST of these glitches are PHPBB3's fault, NOT Rick's. He has almost no control over most of these problems, they are just minor glitches that come with PHPBB3 being in a Release Candidate state.

I think no one says they are Rick's faults. But the sense of this topic is to post bugs and we are invited to do so by Rick himself. I as simple user don't know if I can provide help to detect and to solve bugs when I'm posting them, so I post them hoping it's support for other people.

I know no one has yet t say it, I was just posting that as a preventative :D

@Bob: And whether it is feature complete or not, quick reply is not included in phpbb from the get-go. Hence it being called a quick reply mod. there are a few QRMs in development, but thephpbb3 forum warns against using them until they are out of beta/alpha/RC stage. :S trust me, I'd love to have QRM back, meself...

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png

It is for you, not for Forumer. It shows ads in that time, so there's an extra page to advertise on, and a tiny more number of people who click on said ad.

It is for you, not for Forumer. It shows ads in that time, so there's an extra page to advertise on, and a tiny more number of people who click on said ad.

Ah, makes sense. It didn't occur to me, as I've been using Adblock Plus since I started with PdN. Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

The hard redirect for paintdotnet.12.forumer.com*/ -> paintdotnet.forumer.com*/ is now working (thanks Limez!). Since Google still has paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/* entrenched in their search results, I have added it back to searchpaint.net, which should improve the results. Eventually paintdotnet.forumer.com will take over and we'll see double results at which point I can safely remove it. So the search results will show paintdotnet.12.forumer.com links, but they will redirect directly over to the right place.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

The hard redirect for paintdotnet.12.forumer.com*/ -> paintdotnet.forumer.com*/ is now working (thanks Limez!). Since Google still has paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/* entrenched in their search results, I have added it back to searchpaint.net, which should improve the results. Eventually paintdotnet.forumer.com will take over and we'll see double results at which point I can safely remove it. So the search results will show paintdotnet.12.forumer.com links, but they will redirect directly over to the right place.

You're welcome. Yes, it will take some time for Google to pickup the NEW url and update their index.

I have 9 links in my sig. I guess I was grandfathered in...

Or, I can do it because I'm a mod?

Do I take a chance and try to change it?

I dunno if being a mod makes any difference, but I was originally grandfathered in as well. When the forum switched, I still had all of my links there, but I removed them because they all pointed to the old forum, and when I went to redo them, it wouldn't let me... :'(

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I was searching for my "bloody potato" picture, but appartently, phpBB3 doesn't have it in its search cache (there aren't even results for "potato")... now I need to search my entire photobucket... :(

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 3 weeks later...

I'm often being logged off the forum, at random, a lot. This only started a few days ago, and has progressively gotten worse. Sometimes it is fine, other times... uh... not so much. It has also been laggy for me lately.

I've had a lot of problems with php forums in the past ... I don't know why. So, I'm not sure if this is the forum or just me...

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

Just you, FWICS...I'm getting kicked off less often than I was on phpBB2.

I've worked it out at every fifty to sixty minutes before 'timing out' due to lack of activity. Ish. Must be something at your end rather than this forum, more so as you have suspicions that this could be happening on other boards, too.