*help?*two images in 2 layers?

hey, and incase this is posted in the wrong section i apologize.

k, im basically a newb at pdn and i really need help with finding out how to get 2 images on the screen in pdn. if this is vague ill try to explain...

ok,its like this:

i open up a background, then i want to open up a picture to place on the background,but im drawing a blank on how to do so, it probably will be something simple,but if anyone is willing to help its appreciated.

Sig edited by Rick: You need to read and follow the rules. Your sig was way too big.

You need to import the new pic onto a new layer, to do this go to Layers > Import from file.

Hope that helps. :)

Also, next time you have a question that has been answered many times before (as this one has), or just have a question in general please use search http://searchpaint.net (I think).

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Don't worry about it. Just don't let it happen again. The penalties will be...most severe. :-) (Just joking...or am I?)

http://searchpaint.net . Bookmark it, 'cause it's your buddy. :-D

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

k thanks for the help :o *bookmarks* eek dont hurt me!

Well, a moderator will hurt you if you don't resize that signature. Maximum size is 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall.

Other than that...no, we won't bite. Not yet. You need time to ripen... ;-)

Edit: Sorry, Nobody. I got beaten by Myrddin. Didn't mean to pounce.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.