How old are you?

How old are you?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Younger than 10 years. Britney Spears was a singer?
    • 10-15 years. I've never not had a DVD player.
    • 15-20 years. Who's MC Hammer?
    • 20-25 years. There was a time when I didn't know what a cell phone was.
    • 25-30 years. I recall when music was still played on MTV.
    • 30-35 years. I've never seen the Beatles in concert.
    • 35-40 years. I remember the VHS vs. Beta war.
    • 40-45 years. I played PONG as a teenager.
    • 45-50 years. I'm old enough to be Rick Brewster's parent.
    • Over 50 years. I used to rub elbows with Beethoven.

I like having the poll, though. It's an interesting bell curve...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Huh...there's an x next to the first option saying that I selected under 10

Same here. I think in PhpBB 2's database, there was only a "you voted in this poll" boolean column and a "what are the total results" one, but in 3, there's also a "what did you voted" column so it default to the first vote if the "you voted" is full but the "what" one didn't existed when you updated.

Also, the things are a bit offensive
This is called "humor".

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I was sorting my closet earlier in the week and I found, amongst others...

1980 Led Zeppelin (last live performance)

1980 Tangerine Dream

1981 Pink Floyd - The Wall

1982 The Jam (last live performance)

1984 Camel

This tweaked my curiosity, so I went and had a look for other old (early 80s) concert t-shirts I own...

I had forgotten that I even went to some of these concerts! :shock:

1981 Rush

1981 Madness

1981 Gary Numan

1981 The Clash

1982 Bauhaus

1982 Fun Boy Three

1983 Kissing The Pink

1983 Stranglers

1984 The Damned

1984 Ultravox

This was only a fraction of the concerts I went to; the t-shirts were outrageously expensive even in those days.

On day I'll have to dig out the boxes of programmes that I have stored somewhere...

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

Welcome to the 22 club!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I was sorting my closet earlier in the week and I found, amongst others...

1980 Led Zeppelin (last live performance)

1980 Tangerine Dream

1981 Pink Floyd - The Wall

1982 The Jam (last live performance)

1984 Camel

This tweaked my curiosity, so I went and had a look for other old (early 80s) concert t-shirts I own...

I had forgotten that I even went to some of these concerts! :shock:

1981 Rush

1981 Madness

1981 Gary Numan

1981 The Clash

1982 Bauhaus

1982 Fun Boy Three

1983 Kissing The Pink

1983 Stranglers

1984 The Damned

1984 Ultravox

This was only a fraction of the concerts I went to; the t-shirts were outrageously expensive even in those days.

On day I'll have to dig out the boxes of programmes that I have stored somewhere...

I have a box of ticket stubs in the garage somewhere...

I've probably seen over a hundred bands live including The Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Boston, The Ramones, Kiss (with makeup), Parliament (in fact, I'm wearing a Parliament Funkadelic t-shirt today), Sammy Hagar, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ozzy, Ratt, Bon Jovi (before he went country), Tom Petty, Yes, Aerosmith, Van Halen (w/David Lee Roth), Blue Oyster Cult, Foghat, Quarterflash, The Pretenders, The Cars, Men at Work (shhh, don't tell anyone!), John (Cougar) Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Guns 'n Roses, Korn, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Skindred, Winger, Skid Row, Montrose, and so many more that I can't remember them all. (Many of these I've seen multiple times.)

The largest concert I ever went to was the US Festival:

Sunday, May 29, 1983 (Heavy Metal Day)

Quiet Riot

Mötley Crüe

Ozzy Osbourne

Judas Priest

Triumph

The Scorpions

Van Halen

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I've probably seen over a hundred bands live including The Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Boston, The Ramones, Kiss (with makeup), Parliament (in fact, I'm wearing a Parliament Funkadelic t-shirt today), Sammy Hagar, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ozzy, Ratt, Bon Jovi (before he went country), Tom Petty, Yes, Aerosmith, Van Halen (w/David Lee Roth), Blue Oyster Cult, Foghat, Quarterflash, The Pretenders, The Cars, Men at Work (shhh, don't tell anyone!), John (Cougar) Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Guns 'n Roses, Korn, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Skindred, Winger, Skid Row, Montrose, and so many more that I can't remember them all. (Many of these I've seen multiple times.)

Wow, you do like your heavy rock don't you? :lol:

Don't be ashamed of Men at Work... I saw them too :), and if my memory is correct, they were a pretty good live band...

In the last couple of years I have cut back on the concert-going. I screwed-up my back, and mosh-pits aren't as much fun when you're old :cry:

But I still get out quite a bit and the recent (ie last 5 years or so) list is large and somewhat varied;

(incomplete, and in no particular order)

The Prodigy, Garbage, New Order, The Crystal Method, Dave Clarke, System of a Down, The White Stripes, Peaches, Basement Jaxx, Metallica, Muse, The Dandy Warhols, Black Eyed Peas, The Darkness, Kings of Leon, The Strokes, The Flaming Lips, Aphex Twin, Felix Da Housecat, Fear Factory, Faithless, Coldplay, Happy Mondays, Limp Bizkit, Placebo, Rammstein,Carl Cox, T.I.S.M., Underworld, KoRn, Kraftwork, The Chemical Brothers, Nine Inch Nails, Hill Top Hoods, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Basement Jaxx, Fatboy Slim, Marilyn Manson, Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Beastie Boys, The Streets, Slipknot, The Hives, The White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Henry Rollins Band, Tool, The Killers, WolfMother and huge number of australian bands that I won't bother mentioning 'cos you've probably never heard of them...

Concerts are fun, kids!

Save up your money, find a responsible (and preferably cool) adult to accompany you, and go to one...

I think BoltBait would agree with me that nothing beats a good concert :D

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

Wow, you do like your heavy rock don't you? :lol:

Yup. :D

There are many bands that I've not had the opportunity to see. That list would include some of my favorite bands, like Godsmack, Metallica, Rob Zombie, Cypress Hill, Tool, Pantera, and Megadeath.

I think BoltBait would agree with me that nothing beats a good concert :D

I can only think of one thing... :wink:

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I'm 49 and will be hitting the big 50 on Feb. 1. I feel like I'm the mommy on this forum here...lol but I do look younger[ so people tell me] late 30s... but I feel 18. I know a lot of younsters who do not have the energy I have. Well there you have it....I am the older woman.. LOL :)

Catch Me !