Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

How old are you?

How old are you?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Younger than 10 years. Britney Spears was a singer?
    • 10-15 years. I've never not had a DVD player.
    • 15-20 years. Who's MC Hammer?
    • 20-25 years. There was a time when I didn't know what a cell phone was.
    • 25-30 years. I recall when music was still played on MTV.
    • 30-35 years. I've never seen the Beatles in concert.
    • 35-40 years. I remember the VHS vs. Beta war.
    • 40-45 years. I played PONG as a teenager.
    • 45-50 years. I'm old enough to be Rick Brewster's parent.
    • Over 50 years. I used to rub elbows with Beethoven.

Loud music I don't mind, heck, I play drums & at college my ears were probably wrecked more than they've ever been in their life. It's the fact that they drive around in public places, sometimes late at might, playing their music very loud. They don't have any common decency at all.

It's like secondhand smoke. Discourteous and nasty, and it gives you lung cancer.

Well, maybe not the last one...

I have a feeling I'm about to lose some of David's respect here...

I'm the kind of guy who loves music. I love to listen to it, and I love to do so loudly. I do, however, give deference to the people trying to sleep. I listen to my music very loudly while driving on the highway, rather loudly within city limits, and much less loudly in residential areas, even more subdued in volume if it's after 9pm.

I never have it to the point of rumbling the frame of my vehicle, however. That's just silly. One can hardly enjoy the music if only the bass is audible. :roll:

I have a feeling I'm about to lose some of David's respect here...

Heck no, that's what I do. I meant the people who aren't courteous. Those are the secondhand smokers. You actually recognize that you're NOT the only person within that square mile, so you're fine. I listen to my music pretty loud, too. Anberlin's "Paperthin Hymn" and "Never Take Friendship Personal," bass cranked...makes my day. :-)

Wait, you mean you own a car? You're not online all day, every day?

I feel much like I did when I realized teachers don't spend their nights in a coffin behind their desks... :-)

You actually recognize that you're NOT the only person within that square mile...

Most of the time when I'm driving, I dearly wish I were. :roll:

I could make a Wisconsin-is-country joke, but it would too easily be countered by an Indiana-is-country joke... :-)

I know Green Bay isn't New York, or even Chicago, but it still has its fair share of... well, person-type drivers. <_<

Humans? Moderate their legs off. ;-)

(What? It was a great line! I posted it as the last post on Rants on the old forum, and I wanted it to be here when the upgrade happened, but...well, the conversation never really went the way I wanted it to. So...I reach a little bit.)

From what I've been reading, Australia (where I live) seems like the best place in terms of legal ages.

Drive: 16

Drink: 18

Smoke: 18

Not that I care about the smoking age as I have never tried and don't intend to.

16... 17 in dec.

I've heard of MC Hammer, but not entirely familiar with him. So, I half fit that description.

As for smoking and drinking... I don't care, cause I never will. I've seen my friend's family ripped apart by drinking, and my family has lost many friends because of smoking.

As for driving...

I think it should be 18+ normally, however if you pass a strict maturity/ability/etc test you can get it at 14. My friend lives down in N Carolina and gets his permit at 14, here in NJ I get permit at 16, license at 17.

Bizarre, I'm older than everyone here... Heck, the glass of red wine on my desk is older than many of you, and I have concert t-shirts that probably pre-date Rick 8)

Yet, judging by the previous comments, I'm probably less mature than most of you lot :shock:

This is kind of pointless now as you can put your birthday in your profile.

I've entered mine, so if you're curious, you can click my profile to see that I'm 43.

Heheh. Ed, that's funny. Yesterday, I wore a concert shirt for the band Foghat that says "Tour 1988" on the back.

Yesterday, I wore a concert shirt for the band Foghat that says "Tour 1988" on the back.

Wow, I thought Foghat broke up in the early eighties

I was sorting my closet earlier in the week and I found, amongst others...

1980 Led Zeppelin (last live performance)

1980 Tangerine Dream

1981 Pink Floyd - The Wall

1982 The Jam (last live performance)

1984 Camel

:P

red wine

French one?

No, Australian.

93 "Cyril Henschke" Cabernet Sauvignon

French wines are waaaaaay too expensive in Australia, and a bit pointless given some of the excellent wines produced here!

I bought the Henschke about 10 years ago and the price was quite reasonable; If you wanted to get a bottle now it would set you back about 70 euros (US $100) :shock:

1982 The Jam (last live performance)

Excellent! Your plugins rank highly with me, now you as a person does.

You mean if someone has entered their age in their profile we as lowly members can see that? :twisted:

You mean if someone has entered their age in their profile we as lowly members can see that? :twisted:

I think so. Can you see my age?

vv Click on Profile, look on the right column