Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

How old are you?

How old are you?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Younger than 10 years. Britney Spears was a singer?
    • 10-15 years. I've never not had a DVD player.
    • 15-20 years. Who's MC Hammer?
    • 20-25 years. There was a time when I didn't know what a cell phone was.
    • 25-30 years. I recall when music was still played on MTV.
    • 30-35 years. I've never seen the Beatles in concert.
    • 35-40 years. I remember the VHS vs. Beta war.
    • 40-45 years. I played PONG as a teenager.
    • 45-50 years. I'm old enough to be Rick Brewster's parent.
    • Over 50 years. I used to rub elbows with Beethoven.

I like mine fruity. And have better things to spend my money on... And I can't hold my hard alcohol anymore. When I was 17 I drank anybody under the table. Then I ended up with Mono and it attacked my liver and since then... its just not even worth trying. Life is crazy enough if you look at it from the right angle, I don't need being drunk to entertain me.

but other drunk people amuse you right? the kind that don't go home abusing everyone

Hobbes: Look, it says you have to be eighteen to buy cigarettes.

Calvin: Eighteen?!? By then I'll know better!

^ my thoughts about being 21, too. ^ :-)

No vodka for pyro. It is flammable and would be making a big BOOM and a mess on the walls.

Most vodka is only about 30 - 40% proof (alcohol), that isn't enough to burn, it has to be at least 60% proof, preferably more :D

Yeah Calvin & Hobbes rule :D

I've never smoked & I never intend to, I also don't drink as it doesn't really taste nice so I don't see the point in drinking something (edit) that I don't like the taste of.

Well Crazy Man Dan, Happy Belated Birthday!

By the Way I am 14 turning 15 in December..... You mind retyping your report on the Forums isn order to givee us something interesting to read?

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that America lets people drive at stupidly young ages, I passed my driving test 1st time last november. While you Americans can drive young we can drink & smoke at younger ages than you can :D

Six years ago, I'd have argued that point with you. But now I agree: 16 is stupidly young.

Well I've been driving around with my parents for all of August and I haven't angered anyone or gotten a ticket or w/e. Its an individual thing. Some certainly aren't ready but I think I am.

I'm gonna have to side with MBL and D.A. The legal driving age should be 18 to 65. :P

I have no problem with 16yr olds getting their permits, but the should be required to drive under supervision until they are 18.

Over here we're not aloud to get a license until we're 17, even then it's a provisional one which means you cna only drive with someone who has been driving for more than 3 years & is over the age of 21. You can take your driving test on your 17th birthday but the chances of you passing are very slim as you'd not have had any expeirence on the road at all (not legally anyway...).

Especially as 15 / 16 / 17 is the age that young people like to learn about narcotics (legal or illegal) also means that if you allow them to drive they are more likely to drink drive / drive whilst on some other illegal substance. This is sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

I certainly didn't realize just how lethal a car is until I was in control of one & driving it on the "queens highway" ;) (we have a short track which I had driven out car up & down a few times before but never faster than about 10 mph).

Well I've been driving around with my parents for all of August and I haven't angered anyone or gotten a ticket or w/e. Its an individual thing. Some certainly aren't ready but I think I am.

It's nothing personal. And certainly there are many, many good teenage drivers. But I think about what kind of driver I am now and compare it to the kind of driver I was six years ago, and I shudder to think that anyone allowed me control of a car. By and large, teenagers are not good at driving.

I think more people should fail their driving tests. I think it should be more of an accomplishment to have passed it at age 16. I think you should have to try over and over, and I think you should have to take the test until you can pass with a 99%. And then they should have a yearly review until they're 21. The yearly review should start again at 65, and once the driver can't hack it anymore, they are unlicensed and given a prepaid bus pass for life.

There are certainly some good teenage drivers that drive responsibly & with respect, care & thought about other road users. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of bad teenage drivers that tear around in their silly little cars playing loud & very very very bad music (we call them Chavs), I don't know if you have a similar thing in the States if you do I sympathize with you cos they are, generally, unpleasant people who think that they are the best & that no-one else matters.

While you Americans can drive young we can drink & smoke at younger ages than you can :D

:) Right! I've to wait one more year (i'm 17 right now) until I'm allowed to drive a car, but on the other hand, I could already drink and smoke since I'm 16!

Well...I have little use for smoking, IMO there are better ways to waste your money. f.ex. alcohol :D:roll:

No, seriously, I consume alkcohol sometimes (mostly on parties etc), but I try to don't overdo it! (and it came off very well ;) )

playing loud & very very very bad music (

I may not drive, but I do that... :|

Its just a matter of opinion, some people like their music load, some don't. The reason a lot of us play our "very bad music" that load is because of the beat, its sort of a reflex to want to listen to it louder.

I may not drive, but I do that... :|

Its just a matter of opinion, some people like their music load, some don't. The reason a lot of us play our "very bad music" that load is because of the beat, its sort of a reflex to want to listen to it louder.

Loud music I don't mind, heck, I play drums & at college my ears were probably wrecked more than they've ever been in their life. It's the fact that they drive around in public places, sometimes late at might, playing their music very loud. They don't have any common decency at all.