How did this guy one make this effect.

WOW. That's awesome. I would guess LOTS (I'm thinking in the thousands) of layers, and if you want to make this in PdN you'll want MKT's Shape3D plugin.

Also, lots of zoom blur, lots of glow, and lots of transparency. I don't have any idea how I would do this; the PdN user who would be most likely to be able to do this would be Ash, and it would probably even take him weeks.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I am not sure thats why I am asking....

Well it was done with GIMP, so maybe the question belongs in a GIMP forum... :shock:

I think it could be done with PDN as I see such amazing work by PDN users (I have not to say I mean Ash, as everybody will think on him). So I would like to have a statement by a "pro".

Well on a gimp forums I mite get an answer on how to do it in gimp but not Paint .NET.

Yes. Of course. But people say GIMP is comparable to Photoshop (i don't believe this) and people say Photoshop is better than PDN (at the moment, and the "better" means it has thousands of features i have no interest in). If these statements are correct, you should realize that the image was done in a differnt application. It is like to compare Firefox and IE 6 and to ask "How do I get tabs?". I hope it doesn't sound rude but I want to make my point clear.

I have GIMP but I am using it for nothing but enhanced jpeg saving and a few other things. Maybe other users who also have GIMP (CMD if I'm not wrong) could help you further as they perhaps see corresponding things in both apps. Well, and actually no ones posts it, so I don't think they have an idea. The only thing I could imagine are massive amounts of layers, maybe months of work and much experience with the great shape3d. Otherwise it could hardly be done. Also keep in mind that the artist seems to be a real pro.

To be honest, I don't think you will find the answers you want here, and I'm very sorry for this. I have said anything I can say to this topic. Good luck with your request. The End.

To be fair, if someone wanted IE6 with tabs, I'd point them here: http://toolbar.msn.com/tour_suite/tabs.aspx

I've used GIMP before (I hate having to install GTK+ and dealing with the non-native interface in Windows), and I don't think (aside from not being able to directly translate Script-fu stuff) it would be difficult in most cases to convert a GIMP tutorial to a PdN tutorial. At least not more difficult than doing the same with a Photoshop tutorial.

I'm very interested in seeing what particular tool that guy uses for a lot of his "glassy" effects (it looks like it's some kind of wraparound effect with transparency on the part that wraps to the front...a bit like shape-3d), and trying to do that (or something similar) in PdN.

It may be that he's a GIMP superfreak...kind of a GIMP-using Ash-level artist, I dunno, but I think we can do better than "sorry, no idea".

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

I've used GIMP before (I hate having to install GTK+ and dealing with the non-native interface in Windows), and I don't think (aside from not being able to directly translate Script-fu stuff) it would be difficult in most cases to convert a GIMP tutorial to a PdN tutorial. At least not more difficult than doing the same with a Photoshop tutorial.

Sometimes you don't "convert", You just look at before and after images (or the final image) and work out your own way in PDN. Since many tools are either different or missing.

It may be that he's a GIMP superfreak...kind of a GIMP-using Ash-level artist, I dunno, but I think we can do better than "sorry, no idea".

:P Thanks!!

But I agree we (PDN users) can do better than just give up.

Just keep trying and good methods and idea will come.

While trying to make glass cubes for

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=6670

I got Ice cube..... :?

Enjoy & have a cool summer :)

Chill___Ice_cube___by_0_ASH_0.jpg

"Cool"? isn't it? :wink:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Sometimes you don't "convert", You just look at before and after images (or the final image) and work out your own way in PDN. Since many tools are either different or missing...

Right...I'm not saying the conversion process is a one-to-one type process where you just point folks at the appropriate tool...I know there are missing ones in PdN (today, anyway). I mainly used that word out of convenience.

I went so far as to create the Turorial Translations section on the PdN Fanatics site.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Right...I'm not saying the conversion process is a one-to-one type process where you just point folks at the appropriate tool...I know there are missing ones in PdN (today, anyway). I mainly used that word out of convenience.

I went so far as to create the Turorial Translations section on the PdN Fanatics site.

I believe you know it, but some might not :)

I saw Turorial Translations section :)

I like that idea.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]