Wild Idea: Modify the Forum Banner Image

I'm crazy and everyone knows it (though still not comparable to Dan). My idea is to create a banner with the normal logo currently in use, then to the right, some text that displays something like the latest version of Paint.NET, important news relating to Paint.NET, or what my origional thought was, something that says "New! Check out the official Paint.NET Search engine at searchpaint.net!". I'd also like to see it in a png format. If not, then remove the transparency from the current banner because it looks atrocious in a black background.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I think it should be PNG format and he should you capitals (e.g. Paint.NET instead of paint.net) I think the logo on the banner could use a little fixing up.

Something similarar to this:

ferraridp7.png

:) Of course far different from mine mine stinks.

47306796ff8.png

@PB: Not exactly what I was thinking...

This is my idea:

slkfjbannerpt9.gif

^A 7kb GIF with an announcement that's hard to miss and no annoying alpha channels.

slkfjbannerte1.png

^In PNG format

EDIT: Why am I not seeing my uploaded pictures?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

I think the image you posted would be easily ignored. It looks like a banner ad... maybe use different fonts?

Paint boy, your image just doesn't seem right...but I'm sure it's just because I'm so used to seeing it written as "paint.net". I think the current image looks a lot clearer and is pretty sexy overall.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I know what I/Rick/somebody can do! Create a logo for the PDN search engin! It'll be almost the same as the Paint.NET logo, but with a magnifying glass instead of a brush. I'm not sure how, but I know there's a way to integrate it with the current forum banner.

I know what I/Rick/somebody can do! Create a logo for the PDN search engin! It'll be almost the same as the Paint.NET logo, but with a magnifying glass instead of a brush. I'm not sure how, but I know there's a way to integrate it with the current forum banner.

Shouldn't be too hard (at least in my head) :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]