Merging

Since I am new here, I thought I would ask the question that pops first into my mind. Is there a "Merge" capability for me to combine scans of graphics from my scanner. I have many examples I would love to save digitally, but they are too large to scan all at once. In other words, I need a good "merge" capability.

Thanks for your consideration.

When you say "merge", we think of combining layers. From your question, I gather this is not what you are asking for. It sounds like you looking for an automated process that combines smaller images inorder to make a larger image as a whole, kinda like a collage. Is this what you are asking for? If so, then NO. PDN has no such feature. If that's not what you're asking about, please clarify further.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

When you say "merge", we think of combining layers. From your question, I gather this is not what you are asking for. It sounds like you looking for an automated process that combines smaller images inorder to make a larger image as a whole, kinda like a collage. Is this what you are asking for? If so, then NO. PDN has no such feature. If that's not what you're asking about, please clarify further.

Perhaps I am using the wrong word, but I assumed "merge" was it.

What I mean is to be able to take a large picture and using a scanner to scan the entire work, but having to make two passes. Then take the two scanned parts, lining them up and using the program to make one nice picture, just like the origional.

Maybe I have the word wrong. Perhaps it is called "Snapping"? Anyway, I have quite a few large excellent pictures and photos that I would like to archive, but can't scan them in to the computer with one pass.

Ok, I see what you are asking for. The only way to do this with PDN is to scan different portions of your image, saving each portion individually, untill all areas of your image have been scanned. After that, you'll have import each portion onto a canvas large enough to encompass each portion. For example, if you have 4 portions that are 2x2, you'll need a canvas area of 4x4 inorder see all 4 portions side by side, top to bottom.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.