Opening the drop down box for fonts.

Mine usually hangs at a couple particularly complex fonts I have, but I like them, so I keep them.

Paint.NET loads the fonts list the first time you click the drop-down, so you'll get lag every time the first time. If you're getting lag after that, it may be the complexity of the fonts shown in the list at the time.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Speaking of complex fonts, anybody having trouble selecting Stoned Wash 6 (if you have it)? It seems that the first couple of times I try to select it, some other random font gets selected in its place. It usually takes me 3 or more tries untill it's actually selected.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

So did you actually delete them or did you copy your fonts to another folder? I think you should at least have the main fonts that come with MS-- Times New Roman, Segoe, Calibri, Tachoma, Trebuchet, and the like. For the record, you can get all those again if you install this (the Consolas font pack).

Also, Rick, can you make it so that the font previews are placed in some cache in the Paint.NET Application Data folder? That way, all that needs to be loaded are new fonts.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

The distorted/eroded fonts tend to be the most complex (lots of control points). Epoxy History from dafont.com (where the D in my avatar came from) does this to me constantly, but I like the font enough not to fret too much about it. It's never actually crashed Paint.NET, so I can live with it.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Just be happy that Microsoft allows download of their font pack (linked to in my post).

Also, try to use the scroll bar and not the mouse wheel to scroll through the fonts. You'll get to the font you want in less time and less pain to your CPU.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb