Sign in to follow this  
sa729

How to tell if someone altered their image?

someone entered this image for a contest, rules are no photoshop. The image looks sharpened. Any way to crack this case?

audi.jpg

losers like these piss me off...

To make sure it was edited and not just pasted into PSE5, check when the image was created and then when it was last modified. If the dates are different, then you got yourself a rule breaker. If the dates are the same, you still may have a rule breaker, but you don't have as much evidence to support the case.

But either way, I do think it was Photoshoped.

you guys sure? i dont want to go and email microsoft about this only to realize that the image wasnt PS'ed.

Thanks. This site always delivers ;)

yes! thank you! time to bust this guy clean!!!! YES!!

wait, i dont get it. was it altered or not?

On Ash's screenshot it says creation software was Adobe Photoshop, so yes it was altered.

EDIT: Hey!! Fellow Michigander!

@jsonchiu: I think you may be exaggerating how much the guy cheated. Those things are probably caused by the 3D car model, lack of Antialiasing, and the fact that it was saved as a mid-quality JPEG. Though you may have something with the white border.

yes but he could have used photoshop just to resize the image. the original image is always 1200 pixels (around there).

noticed yer from livonia. west bloomfield over here'

I think you should ask the creator [of the screenshot] if he, by any chance, edited the image in Photoshop because it "look like it was sharpened a bit". If he says "yeah, but only to resize the image", then he's more likely innocent then not. If he denies, then show him the proof.

Alright I've got this guy in my grasp. He mine, all mine. This guy is going DOWN!!!!!

thanks everyone, now I have another 6 images to check ;|

Alright I've got this guy in my grasp. He mine, all mine. This guy is going DOWN!!!!!

thanks everyone, now I have another 6 images to check ;|

Let us know how it turns out. :D

cheaters :arrow: :evil: