Terrain Generator

I don't really know if that would make sense. Terragen has a terrain generator because it's a 3D modeling program and can render an image based upon that generated terrain map. You can move the camera, change zoom and exposure settings, edit materials for the terrain and limit them based on altitude and slope settings, change the color of the sky, sun, shadows, atmosphere, change the atmospheric particle density, et cetera...

In Paint.NET, it'd just be a rainbow splotchy image.

Your best bet is to render the image in Terragen and open the resultant BMP in PDN for editing.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well, I'm certain, just like Shape3D, a plugin could replicate some of the function of Terragen, handling the 3D manipulation and camera placement, then passing the rendered image to Paint.NET's canvas. My point is: What's the point? There is already a program that does what Terragen does. No points for guessing which one. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

It would also slow PDN down if you had a lot of 3d rendering options...

Actually, no, it wouldn't. Plugins in and of themselves don't slow PdN down at all, aside from while you're running them.

You'd still have small, fast PdN, but you'd have a plugin that replicates something that is already done by other programs...it's a matter of whether there's enough benefit to adding it as a plugin vs. just using another app and importing the rendered image from there.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

It would also slow PDN down if you had a lot of 3d rendering options...

Actually, no, it wouldn't. Plugins in and of themselves don't slow PdN down at all, aside from while you're running them.

You'd still have small, fast PdN, but you'd have a plugin that replicates something that is already done by other programs...it's a matter of whether there's enough benefit to adding it as a plugin vs. just using another app and importing the rendered image from there.

I made too broad a statement :oops:

sunsigub8.png