Is it possible to make something like this in Paint.net?

thdanikb.gif

That is a clip from a TV show. I know there is a tutorial on making animated things but i have no idea how to do that.

I just want to know if you can use paint.net do stuff like that (take a clip from a TV episode and make it looped like that.)

If you can, it would be great if someone could point me in the direction to how or post a tutorial link that shows me how. If i cant then can someone just say how you do?

sig3.jpg

Paint.NET cannot make animations. You could create the individual frames in Paint.NET, but you'd need a different program to collect those frames into an animated file format like ANI, GIF, or APNG.

I use Animation Shop (which came with older versions of Paint Shop Pro). I'm sure there are free alternatives out there as well, but I haven't needed them, so I didn't go looking for them.

My friend said that he used a program called SUPER to convert wmv's into GIF's I think. O_O

ohh i see...

well thank you.

i think ill trying to get a clip that i want and try that later

sig3.jpg

unFREEz seems to be the most-recommended animated GIF creator. You should use http://searchpaint.net next time.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

An easy way to do this is to use VirtualDub. Just select the part of the movie you want, then save as image(s). Convert them to GIF, edit in :pdn: if needed, and animate in unFREEz (or Beneton Movie GIF).
alright.

I already have unfreez anyways

sig3.jpg

The only real problem though is VD's frame skip (I think that's what it is called; ex: how many frames per second, etc). As you could get a mass amount of images for as little as 3 seconds of a video. There may be some settings to adjust this, but I haven't looked into it.