Read topics becoming unread again.

I'd just like to say that this isn't a Paint.NET problem, this is a problem with the forum that has been happening for a couple of weeks now. This seemed the best place to put the thread.

What happens is; I go to one of the forums & see what topics have new posts.

th_PDNforum.png

click for a larger version

There you can see I've just posted in the offtopic thread & so that is duly marked down as being read. Now, I read the other threads there but they don't get marked as read so I click the "Mark all topics read button"

th_PDNforum2.png

Again this is a clicky piccy

There I've clicked the "Mark all posts read" button & the forum is (as far as I'm concerned) read. What happens after a few minutes is that the icons down the left-hand-side change back to the "Un-read" status

th_PDNforum3.png

more of the clicky piccyness

As you can see by the clock in the lower right corner this is a later screenshot than the first one, all I did in PDN was to add the red rectanglers the rest is all screenshot.This happens in all the forums not just the overflow & is quite confusing when I you know you've read something but the forum says you haven't.

I could be the only person with this problem but I thought I'd post it as it's been happening for a couple of weeks now & is starting to get annoying.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

@ BarkBark I turn my pc off every day when I've finished using it.

@ BoltBait Thanks for the link, I'll post on their help & support forums :)

Edit - Out of interest, is anyone else having this sort of problem?

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

I can see why that would happen though. I'm clicking the links to the forums from the threads & it still happens.

dA

I get this when I use the back button and not the forum links at the top of the topics. Anyone else get that by doing that ?

The only reason for that is by pressing the back button you are viewing the cached version of the page from your browser and not a 'recent' refresh of the page. Simply press F5 for a normal refresh or Ctrl + F5 to reload everything (this wipes the cache clean of that page and reloads as if new).

MattBlackLamb: I have the reverse problem, sometimes new posts aren't flagged as such rather than having them retain the new post status.

EDIT: spelling error

Wierd :?

Edit:

I've read their FAQ & that has no mention of this problem. Also the box at the bottom says that I can't post new topics or reply to topics. :(

Forumerbottombox.png

dA

In a somewhat related question, is the forum supposed to mark all threads read on logout? I have a problem with very unreliable wireless and no wired connection, so when I get booted, I always have to guess at what's been read and what hasn't. It's quite annoying.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

In a somewhat related question, is the forum supposed to mark all threads read on logout?

Yessir.

Well...bloody potato. I was hoping it was a fixable problem.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.