Feature request: Keep saved image open...

I've noticed that if you open an image right after saving an image, that saved image automatically closes. Even though you can go to Open Recent to open it back up, it's bothersome.

Request: Do away with the automatic closing. Provide the user with a choice ( :idea: perhaps a dialog similar to the save before exit one) to close the recently saved image or to keep it open.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

I believe I recall this being brought up before.

PDN opens up with a default canvas open. If an image is opened and that canvas has not been edited, Paint.NET overwrites the blank canvas with the opened image. If you have edited the default canvas and not saved your changes, Paint.NET will open a new image tab.

If, however, you have edited the default canvas and saved your changes, the next image you open will overwrite that tab instead of opening in a new tab.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Run PDN

Take a screen cap

Paste (keep original canvas size)

Draw a selection

Crop

Add new layer

Draw an ellipse (outline)

Add drop shadow

Flatten

File > Save as (png)

Open a different image

Previously saved image automatically closes

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.