System.InvalidOperationException: BufferedGraphicsContext

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.08 (Final Release build 3.08.2708.22795)

Time of crash: 2007.0821 1919.00

Application uptime: 00:27:54.3593750

OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.832 x86

Processor: 2x "Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.60GHz" @ ~2593MHz

Physical memory: 494 MB

Tablet PC: no

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Exception details:

System.InvalidOperationException: BufferedGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because a buffer operation is currently in progress.

at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Dispose()

at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBufferInTempManager(Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)

at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Allocate(IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at PaintDotNet.ControlShadow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

figured I'd post it here, because my email has bricked.

You know the place.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't doing anything. PDN was in the background with a 640x480 image that had three layers in it. I was talking on IRC when it crashed

I normally keep PDN open in the background so I can switch to it whenever I get an idea for something, leaving it up for days at a time. the current PDN process was launched yesterday at 2358 hours, it's now 1844

You know the place.

That file says you're running 3.08. Please upgrade to 3.10.

I had upgraded two days after the original post, but thank you for the reminder :) I just wish more programs had an auto-update feature

[edit] hell, more people/programmers like Rick Brewster would be awesome

You know the place.

no no, don't get me wrong, a reminder is good once in a while, repetitive ones (which you haven't reached) are the annoying ones.

I think the entire PDN project, forums, moderators, everything, is awesome. however Rick is even more awesome because he takes time out of his day, which I'm sure is quite busy (Mr Brewster, don't ruin the illusion for the rest of us, dangit!) to personally respond to questions on here. I've tried that before, and frankly, I tend to get mad at the signal to noise ratio. which is why Rick, and the rest of the forum moderators, have much respect from me.

hmm.. this is gonna be way off topic, but I wonder if PDN is free as in beer as in Rick's last name (and how many times that joke horse has been beaten)

You know the place.

Can you hear the groaning at that one? :-)

@gubment_cheez: How does Windows like being left on for so long? I usually have to restart once a week (XP). (I hibernate the rest of the time)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.