How to Install Plugins ×

Bevel Plugin [v1.4, August 22]

jsonchiu

This plugin looks great! Especially now that it works with selection. I like Bobs idea, of an Invert button for this plugin. Maybe add that in a future version. Still though, great plugin!

I'm still alive!

FYI, it doesn't work with round, modified (add/substract), or lasso-ed selection.

In fact it works only with rectangle selections.

It's not a feature request, just testing.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

FYI, it doesn't work with round, modified (add/substract), or lasso-ed selection.

In fact it works only with rectangle selections.

It's not a feature request, just testing.

I'll request it then.

This is a feature PDN neeeds :!: :(

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...
Can this plugin darken on all four edges, instead of highlighting two?

Then it would be a border, not a bevel...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Then it would be a border, not a bevel...

Sure. Instead of just pointing out what it should be called, why don't you point me in the direction of some help for what I'd like to do? I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for--I've searched several times and skimmed through plugins as well.

I think what you want would be accomplished by setting both your primary and secondary colors to black (or another dark color) and then running the Bevel effect.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I think what you want would be accomplished by setting both your primary and secondary colors to black (or another dark color) and then running the Bevel effect.

It would work, but Pyro's border plugin would make the job so much easier.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

It would work, but Pyro's border plugin would make the job so much easier.

It really sounds like he/she wants the bevel effect with just the shadow on all 4 sides as opposed to the highlight/shadow effect you get with contrasting colors selected. With Bevel you get the gradual fade. With the Borders plugin you only get a solid color, unless you further modify the results.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

That worked perfectly! :D Thanks so much--I'd never have thought of that.

Hi barkbarkoo,

Tried the suggestion of using the bevel plugin with identical primary and secondary colours. Lovely effect. Wonder why I never think of that possibility!