Tired of PS users flaming my stuff

Atradese

Can I just say the people at that forum are so unprofessional it sickens me?

Really.... when the mods and admins cuss and insult eachother (yes I read other threads) you know there is a problem :wink:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

wow, are the people over at that forum really that elitist? Even the mods and admins curse each other out? its best to either join another forum with better people instead than stay and take their bloody potato.....

sig-1.jpg

The coolest Indian on Paint.NET

Can I ask, why did you join in the first place? I've heard them talking about some game with potions (I only read the graphic section) so I'm assuming it was some form of RPG/MMORPG. I would have browsed further but I have my reasons, similar to Yata's.

From what I gathered, they made the game Ash mentioned.

They made a game!

Uh, damn their souls. Tell me if anything happens there because I got IP banned from there.

When I looked at the rules and some of the Stickies.... well, they were slightly ridiclous. One mod said on one of the Photoshop Hacked Tuts said

"From now if anyone asks how to get Photoshop they get slapped with a stick.

Stickied.

I really should listen to myself, and stop thinking about these people.

Uh, damn their souls. Tell me if anything happens there because I got IP banned from there.

I'm not sure if this works (haven't tried it), but I think you may make use of it:

Go to the Network Connections system folder in Windows

Right-Click on the network you're using (for me it says LAC) and click Repair.

I think that'll get you a new IP address to play with. If that doesn't work, try disabling and re-enabling the connection, then repairing.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

After reading Rick's post, I started to think about this whole discussion in a slightly different context. There is obviously a group of people who are taking an easy road to what they think is "graphic supremacy" with pirated photoshop and a touch of snobbery.

Here, on the other hand (and here, too), we have a group of people who have found a way to make stunning graphics (Ash, jpope, oma, plenty of others) without resorting to theft.

The former group might have a slightly easier time of it, and at the far upper end of the technical ability scale, may be able to produce better work, but I think that by and large, the users here know what they're doing far better.

Part of the reason that PdN has been so successful is the forums...especially the plugins and tutorials (an opinion that Rick has also voiced, I believe). People actually learn how to use the software...and even better, technically-minded artists can write and collaborate on brand-new effects!

Photoshop has what Adobe gives it, and what a few third-parties create to extend it. Paint.NET has the strength of all its users behind it helping it to become more than the sum of its parts.

Regardless of what you think the better program is, there is no doubt in my mind that in addition to developing a great piece of graphical editing software, Rick is helping develop the abilities of a new generation of graphic artists, as well as fostering a sense of community.

And no, this is not a paid advertisement :lol:

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

I'm not sure if this works (haven't tried it), but I think you may make use of it:

Go to the Network Connections system folder in Windows

Right-Click on the network you're using (for me it says LAC) and click Repair.

I think that'll get you a new IP address to play with. If that doesn't work, try disabling and re-enabling the connection, then repairing.

That'll only get you a new IP if you don't have a router.

turn off your router and cable/dsl modem

wait 15 minutes

turn them back on

admin>

In most cases, that's all you need to do to get a new IP. If you don't have a router (computer is directly connected to the modem), then turn the modem off for 15 minutes, and then do the disable/enable/repair dance in Windows (or just reboot).

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

No, no way. Last time I changed my IP (got a new router) it took 3 weeks for my net to work properly.

Besides, I don't want to go there, I just want to know when the forum is shut down.

Damn how the halo did you get your IP banned? Anyways you can always try something like http://anonymouse.org/ its very slow but hopefully someone didn't get that IP banned.

47306796ff8.png

Well if Adobe didn't get after them you could have at least gotten someone else on them. As I remember, the cops might be able to go after the person hosting after they get the IP of hte host and contact thier ISP to see where they live, then most of the other mods there right?

Anways kitty is gonna shut up now.

~Sammy

celloSiggy.jpg