How do I make my own API Effects?(and also a few questions)

Crazy Man Dan

Well, I'm able to answer a few of your questions, so, here goes!

2. Path Stroke tool. In gimp, you can make some path nodes, and either stroke a path using a paint brush tool or select the stroke selected. But in GIMP, the path is not permanent. It goes away as soon as you click on another tool.

In Paint.Net, I would like to path strokes stay there permanently until you delete it or something like that. As you can name the paths as well.

And the ability to save paths along with the rest of the unfinished bloody potato in .pdn format.

I know this isn't a GIMP help board, but I've been using The GIMP for a few years:

gimppath.png

Any path you create IS saved automatically, but is by default set to non-visible when you switch to a different tool. If you select the Paths tab in the Layers/Channels/Paths window, you can both set them to visible and name them. They are also saved with the .xcf file format.

As for their inclusion into Paint.NET, you'll have to get a dev's answer for that. I do agree, though, that they would be useful. I use paths quite often.

4. Last but not least, more layer effects. Like Dissolve, Behind, Color Erase, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Grain extract, Grain merge, Hue, Saturation, Color, Value

With 2.6 (in the Alpha stages right now), they have added seven new layer blend modes: Color Burn, Color Dodge, Reflect, Glow, Overlay, Negation, and Xor.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

*tries it*

*CRASH*

Whoa, you're right!

<_<

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype