layer masks and custom brushes

Heya,

I've been using Paint.NET for a while now and I think it's an awesome program. Learning Photoshop lately however I think there's 2 areas that would really help Paint.NET, that's layer masks and custom brushes.

In the brush tools I know you can select from a drop down of preset brushes, but is there a way to create custom ones? That's one feature that can be really useful for creating textures and such.

The layer system could also use a lot of improvements, but layer masks especially. Any plan on adding these things in the near future?

Hayoo.

These features are totally planned, as you can see on the roadmap page: http://www.getpaint.net/roadmap

Over the lifetime of the 4.xx releases, these core design and architecture changes should enable such features as layer masks, adjustment layers, effect layers, composite layers, effect and adjustment chaining, soft selections, scripting and recorded actions, a completely new brush system, much more efficient memory usage, and better use of multiprocessor systems.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio