Error opening an image

KSag

OK I think I understand now. If I upgraded to 4 gb of ram would I eventually be able to open it.

I tried it on my home computer and had the same memory problem with P.Net and photoshop.

Thanks for your reply BTW

Does anyone know the acceptable dimension limits for Paint.Net then?

I'm having the same issue with a 22x24 inch page size.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"

- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

I was wondering if there was a way around the memory requirements but evidently Mr. Brewster hasn't heard of virtual memory.

Well I found a workaround anyway by opening the image in MS Office document imaging and cutting and pasting the sections of the image that I needed which reduced the size to a manageable amount.

Guess I wont ask stupid questions here anymore. :shock:

I would think there is no real acceptable dimensions and that it just depends on your computer

BTW could you tell us the size of the image in an easier format

Right click on image>Properties>general it should be there under location

EDIT: oO you snuck in on me!!! ^ that goes for sandman9

It's 827kb on disk and the overall length and width are 22x34 inches (imperial)... Metric=55.88 x 86.36 I'm not sure what it is in pixels... I have 2gigs if RAM so it shouldn't run out of memory...

I was wondering if there was a way around the memory requirements but evidently Mr. Brewster hasn't heard of virtual memory.

Way to attack and solve the problem with an irrelevant and untrue ad hominem attack, KSag. All you've succeeded at doing is highlighting your own lack of knowledge in this area.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I'm still trying to figure this out, I don't want to reduce the overall length and width. I don't want to loose any resolution.

sandman9, You need to determine the pixel size of the image. Do this by multiplying its size in inches by the DPI of the image. For example, 10 inches * 300 dpi = 3000 pixels. Then follow the formulas in the post that I Like Pi linked to above.

In the current release of Paint.NET, these limitations simply exist. KSag's please-ban-me attitude aside (I was this close, KSag, you're lucky I'm in a good mood right now), I am looking to do significant work to relieve this memory pressure in a future version.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Width 14401 x Height 9601 @ 400 dpi and it's actually a 24x36... <-- that size changes everytime I post... :) ha ha... anyway for sure this time, it's 24x36.

I'm not surprised you had that problem, that is one massive picture. :shock:

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

I also have a problem with a 17M tiff image, which is large. I can open it in any other image program, including MS Paint, but Paint.NET chokes on it and says 'Not Enough Memory'. Definitely a bug somewhere....

See this post:

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... =6007#6007

It can open in the other programs because it doesn't need all three of those things listed. It's not a bug.

(edited URL)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Whoops! Yep, fixed.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.