I downloaded corrupted pics from internet

I got some pictures online that kept duplicating themselves. It took me awhile to notice. Would the pictures I made in pdn and then saved also be corrupt? I didn't wait to see I deleted.

Fortunately I downloaded into a separate folder so it was easy to just delete the folder. I don't know how many copies there were. When I saw copy 21 I stopped looking and deleted.

I read all I can on pdn even though I don't always understand what everyone is talking about. Just trying to learn. I read that you can put secret messages in a picture and I just read the thread about copyright. Do I need to be concerned about a harmful virus being imported in a picture?

I would appreciate any advise you could give in this regaurd.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Well, it would be impossible for a virus code to be written into a picture, so it would probably would have been a virus disguised as a picture.

Where did you get the picture from?

I wouldn't think saving pictures from PDN would go on a duplicating spree, though.

hmm could have been a virus made to look like an image file. But it could also just be a virus you picked up and is now copying as many files as it can.

Just run a virus scan and deal with it that way. If you don't have a virus scaning program, there a free one called AVG out there.

Hmmm, I believe there are viruses that can masquerade as image files, though I am not certain. I believe the virus would be executed when you open the image up. Yes, I would scan whatever you download with an anti-virus such as AVG, just as a precaution.

If you want to avoid that, just view it in full resolution and do a screen capture. It removes everything but the raw image data.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No, you don't have to use an outside program. That's far too complicated. Just hit the "PrtSc" key ("Print Screen", whatever), open Paint.NET, and paste it in. Then all you have to do is crop down to the size of the image you want.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

And to further what David said, if you use the combination of Alt + PrtScr it will only capture the window and leave out the taskbar. Cropping is still needed unless you're using the screenshot for a presentation or something, in which case it saves considerable time.

Please remember to post in the correct section of the forum!

Moved to Bugs & Troubleshooting

I apologise, I'm afraid it never occurred to me that it should be someplace else. Sorry.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE