Sig-Of-The-Week #7 - 7 New Wonders *CMD Takes the Cake*

Who's sig do you like best? (Please scroll down and view them all before voting)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who's sig do you like best? (Please scroll down and view them all before voting)

• spike 121
    • Gladi8or2
    • Tag
    • jpope
    • BuzzKill
    • Crazy Man Dan

Voting over! I kinda forgot about this... I'm so used to taking PM'ed votes and tallying them myself. It's kinda nice letting the forum take care of it.

Thanks to everyone for entering, and thanks to all you pretty voters. :D

Alright, because of the minimal turnout this time around, we can do a forum poll. Please look through all the entries and choose your favorite from the poll options above. The poll will run for 4 days, so you have through this coming Friday to vote for your favorite!

Dang.. It's been a month sans an SOTW comp... Sorry guys. :(

This week's theme is The "New Seven Wonders of the World" (see them here). There were a total of 20 finalists, and since the undertaking was started by a private group and the voting medium was considered unscientific by UNESCO, you will be permitted to base your sig off any one of them. You can do a sig highlighting all 7 winners, all 20 finalists (good luck squeezing that into 500x150 :P), focus on just one, three, twelve, whatever. The deadline is Monday August 13th at Midnight PDT. You've been warned. :twisted:

Check the SOTW Rules! One of them is new:

1. Max sig dimensions follow the board's max sig dimensions, 500x150.

2. No crude / offensive language, pics, et cetera.

3. Sig must follow the set theme.

4. Only one entry per person and no modifications are allowed after submitting your entry.

5. You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in your sig.

6. You are allowed one post in this topic. That post should include your sig, links to your source images, and possibly a couple bucks for me. Placeholders (empty-posting now, editing in a link to your sig later) are not permitted.

***This thread is for posting your entries only! If you wish to talk about one of the entries you can do so here.***

If your entry breaks any of the rules it will be disqualified.

Good luck all! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

DEADLINE!

Alright, because of the minimal turnout this time around, we can do a forum poll. Please look through all the entries and choose your favorite from the poll options above. The poll will run for 4 days, so you have through this coming Friday to vote for your favorite!

~ Becoming the Archetype

Voting over! I kinda forgot about this... I'm so used to taking PM'ed votes and tallying them myself. It's kinda nice letting the forum take care of it.

Thanks to everyone for entering, and thanks to all you pretty voters. :D

~ Becoming the Archetype

Congrats CMD. I almost used the same picture as you, that is quite the awesome scene.

Five minutes 'til deadline. I really have to stop doing this...

Also, good job on your ebay like win, you know...waiting till the last few seconds and then jumping in. :D Maybe I'll try that next time. ;)

Signature14c.png

Congrats CMD. I almost used the same picture as you, that is quite the awesome scene.

Also, good job on your ebay like win, you know...waiting till the last few seconds and then jumping in. :D Maybe I'll try that next time. ;)

Well, I realized 1 hour before the deadline that I hadn't done anything yet, and I didn't want to be an absentee at the first SOTW in a month. I first envisioned something like a mountain sticking out of the bounds of the image, and the Machu Picchu image was perfect.

I masked out the mountain top, then decided I wanted to have the city ruins sticking out the bottom. I spent about fifteen minutes making the mask for the bottom, applied it, and realized that it just didn't look right. Then I got the idea to mask out the back and apply an Unfocus blur to make the foreground stand out - about twenty minutes to deadline now. I made the mask, applied it, then realized I hadn't made the corners rounded as I had wanted...

So I made that mask, applied it, duplicated the layer and darkened the duplicate, faded it out, saved and uploaded it. I wrote up the post, clicked Preview, then decided (five minutes left) that I wanted gradient bars in there too. So I put them in, re-uploaded, and clicked Submit. It was then I noticed that my clock was seven minutes fast and there were ten minutes 'til the deadline...

jpope, I really liked your image. Just wanted to say that it was cool and you didn't make deciding the best very easy... :P

I dunno. I voted for him. :wink:

~ Becoming the Archetype

Gladi8or2, you made the right part of the C. from scratch?

I voted jpope for the work on the masking, but you were my second choice.

I like the general feeling of the picture. The original photo is really great though.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Gladi8or2, you made the right part of the C. from scratch?

I voted jpope for the work on the masking, but you were my second choice.

I like the general feeling of the picture. The original photo is really great though.

Thanks a lot.

Because of my nickname I just had to choose the Colosseum. I simply flipped the background and used that as a guideline for the right part, which I did simply with the line and paint bucket tools. The problem was that I couldn't really blend the two parts together like I wanted, as you can see the arcs in the center won't really fit.

I voted BuzzKill, with jpope as a very close second.

sigbar0ks.png