A question to the paint.net crew... Mac port?

Yellow Rain

I think I might not have understood. Did he mean it would be less and less work each time after the first mac port release? Did he mean it would be less work after the first mac port release then it would be with just windows or it would be less work once the port was finished?

As I understand it from reading the Mono translation effort blog post:

Paint.NET uses a nifty abstraction approach, placing the system-specific calls in one DLL. If Rick were to develop the necessary call set for Mac, none of the actual program would have to change. He'd simply need to point PDN to the call abstraction set for the proper platform. Developing the system interface layer would be time consuming, but once it's done the actual program would not need to change much.

The big work item would be making their winforms implementation complete enough.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Well anyways, i was wondering if you could do it because i pre ordered a Modbook, a cross between a Macbook and a Wacom tablet. And the operating system it runs on is mac OSX Tiger or Leopard, not sure. Apple's operating systems don't have many photo editing software except Adobe Photoshop and Corel, but i think both of them are too confusing, so i prefer Paint.net.

But, i guess you can't so nevermind.

If I had $5,000 to donate, rest assured that I would.

Although a strict reading of the first post shows that, really, the promise was for 5,000 dollar signs...a goal to which I can make it 1/1000th of the way:

$ $ $ $ $

Hope you feel enriched and invigorated.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

If I had $5,000 to donate, rest assured that I would.

Although a strict reading of the first post shows that, really, the promise was for 5,000 dollar signs...a goal to which I can make it 1/1000th of the way:

$ $ $ $ $

Hope you feel enriched and invigorated.

LOL HAHA :D:lol: If you were right I would laugh my self to death.

Also, please don't joke around about donating $5,000. That's not cool.

Yeah, Rick doesn't seem too thrilled with money jokes. :?

Wait... if you already have Photoshop, I think you're good to go. And besides, there are other great [free] programs already available for Mac like this one.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb