i am new & am really confused! Online version of Paint?

ok, i have been trying to figure this out.

they said there is an online paint that you do not have to download.

am i mistaken or do you have to download it for it to work?

if there is an online one, would someone tell me how to get it/to get there.

please & thank you much!!

Edit by CMD - Changed thread title to be less ambiguous

Paint.NET is a downloadable application that must be installed before it can be used. It cannot be run online.

There is a program called Fauxto which is completely online, if you'd like to check it out.

If you're looking to use Paint.NET on a computer where you don't have rights to install software, you can use a stand-alone version of the EXE taken from a computer that has one installed. The only downside is thumbnails for PDN files won't be available, but the program will function normally. If that's what you wish, I can provide a ZIP you can download and extract.

By the way, please try a more descriptive topic title next time.

Cheers!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Paint.NET is a downloadable application that must be installed before it can be used. It cannot be run online.

There is a program called Fauxto which is completely online, if you'd like to check it out.

If you're looking to use Paint.NET on a computer where you don't have rights to install software, you can use a stand-alone version of the EXE taken from a computer that has one installed. The only downside is thumbnails for PDN files won't be available, but the program will function normally. If that's what you wish, I can provide a ZIP you can download and extract.

By the way, please try a more descriptive topic title next time.

Cheers!

I do. I've been trying to do that on my school's computer, but I dont have any rights over there. How do I do it?

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

I do. I've been trying to do that on my school's computer, but I dont have any rights over there. How do I do it?

Download this ZIP package (1.21MB) to the computer, unzip it somewhere, and double-click the PaintDotNet.exe icon in the Paint.NET folder.

Note that there are no third-party plugins or filetype DLLs in this package for copyright compliance purposes. If you wish to use an effect or new file type, drop it in either the Effects or FileTypes folder just as you would on your own computer.

This version does not include an uninstaller, since you aren't installing it, so it's not needed (and saves over 1MB on download size). The first-party supported language packs are included herein.

Note that the computer will need to have .NET 2.0 installed for this stand-alone version to run.

Cheers!

Edit:

Alternately, as Yata said, you can copy the Paint.NET folder from your Program Files folder and put it on a CD or USB drive and transfer it over to the computer at school. This method will preserve any plugins or filetypes you currently have installed.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype