What music are you listening to?

My I present to you... The Shaggs

quite possibly the worst band ever.

Both Frank Zappa and Kurt Cobain considered Philosophy of The World by The Shaggs to be one of their 5 favorite albums of all time.  They felt this way because The Shaggs don't sound like any other band--they are truly original.

The Shaggs are probably the best example of something called "outsider music".   Do yourself a favor and research The Shaggs and learn about their incredible story.

Give this post a like if you actually made it all the way to the end of the song. :D 

Some quotes:

"I realise that drummers are often overlooked and ignored - but not usually by the other band members . . ."

"This album is so far ahead of its time, it still hasn't fully arrived."

From Wikipedia: "Reportedly, during the recording sessions the band would occasionally stop playing, claiming one of them had made a mistake and that they needed to start over, leaving the sound engineers to wonder how the girls could tell when a mistake had been made."

"Currently listening to this again trying to figure out which song I want played at my funeral."

"Imagine being so awful at music that you accidentally become art."

"This is the kind of music they put on infinite loop in hell."

• Like 1

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

On 5/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, Djisves said:

I tried... honest.

So, of course, someone asked...

I can't believe it, but somehow I've found a band that sounds better backwards than forwards.

Let go your mind, relax and float downstream... INTO HELL.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

On 5/20/2021 at 7:44 AM, BoltBait said:

this little girl is

... very impressive.

However, she seems to perform with the exact same feeling and emotion that I have when I Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Alt+V.

Xkds4Lh.png

My eyes don't normally water when i listen to a song, but....

A 2020 Lockdown live performance from seperate homes. An excellent song, fantastic vocal performance, nuff said. 

Enjoy. 

• Upvote 3

BREtKQW.png

@sashwilko Fantastic and far superior version than the original. I doubt even the powerhouse of Jon & Vangelis could have got Lionel Richie, Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Brenda Russell, Christopher Cross, Dyan Cannon, James Ingram, Kenny Loggins, Michael McDonald, and Stevie Wonder to provide the all star choir you hear on this. 

• Hugs 1

BREtKQW.png