Andrew D

What music are you listening to?

I can't believe Tears for Fears is known for the song Shout and Everybody Wants to Rule the World... when The Seeds of Love is a MUCH better album

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BoltBait said:

when The Seeds of Love is a MUCH better album

Would agree there.  Standing on the corner of the Third World has to be one of the best album tracks of (85 ?) 

Psycho Ex trashed 00's of album back in the ... well back then.

Got the complete collection of B52's and Talking Heads from an impromptu visit to a car boot  on Sunday whilst travelling home.

Bargain at 30 squid.  Driving the non psycho wife almost psycho playing and digitalising them all ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, welshblue said:

Got the complete collection of B52's

Hard to believe that Kate Pierson is over 70 now... was it really that long ago?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoltBait said:

was it really that long ago?

Unfortunately we can't stop the clock and when when it does stop ... we won't care.  That said it is scary how quick time is going.  Sex symbols being pensioners ... 

Depressing how it's not young women who smile at me anymore, but their middle aged Mums ? 

Or filling in an online form and scrolling down for days looking for '67 ... but think of all the good music we've enjoyed

7 hours ago, mottoman said:

I have been listening to this bands back catalogue of late, some pure gems among them too.

Pink Floyd's Learning to Fly was my favorite song out of 2600 on my computer for 3 months (after which it was Silent Lucidity by Queensryche for 3 years; now I'm undecided).

I know 15 good Pink Floyd songs if you consider all parts of Shine on You Crazy Diamond and Another Brick in the Wall as single tracks.

• Like 3

On 8/29/2018 at 4:29 AM, BoltBait said:

I can't believe Tears for Fears is known for the song Shout and Everybody Wants to Rule the World... when The Seeds of Love is a MUCH better album

Agreed! ?

And since the video seems permanently unavailable, I hereby take the liberty to post another link to it (hope you won't mind :))

• Like 1

You can never go wrong with some Elvis (says a lot when all the youngsters around here sing his songs in the pub ...)

Meeting your daughter's boyfriend for the first time whilst dancing to this 

... doesn't go down to well.  Love this guy

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 1

Something heavy for today: The Winery Dogs

Featuring the original Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nobody seems to know Second Coming, so here. It's unusual rock.

Look at SoftVintage Eyes, and The Song as well. Closest to this is The Song, furthest from it is Soft.

This particular song is downbeat, and I tend to prefer "sobering" music, so I posted that. Most people would probably prefer Soft.

• Like 2

Something a bit softer ...

... this has gotten me through the days when I could have said - Screw it ... had enough

• Like 1

Have to be a fan of old school punk to appreciate the brilliance of this ? 

Pogoing optional