Andrew D

What music are you listening to?

My daughter is playing One Direction way too loud.

Send help.

I feel it.  My son is forever playing them.  And has a bad habit of walking around the house warbling away.  It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't 18 

Wouldn't help.  It's on her battery powered laptop.

If there was a law against using Autotune, they'd disappear.  Must.contact.congressman.

Great song Welshblue. 

Boltbait - Autotune should be condemned, it would eliminate almost every so called "artist" in one go. music would then be handed over to musicians again :)

I feel it.  My son is forever playing them.  And has a bad habit of walking around the house warbling away.  It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't 18 

Can't stand manufactured music, I hate 99% of chart music, and all boy (or) girl bands. I like real music like most people on here :)

Wonderful Sasha - I think you have psychic powers!
I've followed the Stranglers since 1977. I saw them last year and intend to see them again in March (Guildford).
Yesterday I bought the CD of 'Aural Sculpture' (I still have the vinyl), so was quite suprised (and pleased) to see you posting one of the tracks today. Excellent taste!

I do have a lot of Good influence off my Dad, plus junk what is around now does not appeal to me even though I'm only a young un :lol: real music is the real deal. I ;love the past music because the present music offers nothing (and that is a shame) 

Wait just a minute, Welsh... your 18 year old son listens to One Direction?! Ummm... Give him something real! Please! For the sake of all things good in this world! :)

Sasha & Red: Although I don't listen to rock, you guys are spot on. The older the better.

Edited by Daniels

We've learnt our pentatonics and we aint movin!

- Sorry - It's clearly loved by you and is great, but it's not finding anything new ?

Sure, some jazz uses all the notes , some Indian music uses quarter semitones, maybe it's because i'm old - I'm not arguing against new music - I just feel it's all too conformist - too much 4/4 too little dissonance/exploration. - In short, not new. (perhaps I'm just arguing against the mainstream).

If this starts an argument - all to the good!

Computers offer amazing possibilities to play the unplayable and explore new places - maybe it's out there somewhere?

• Upvote 1

We've learnt our pentatonics and we aint movin!

- Sorry - It's clearly loved by you and is great, but it's not finding anything new ?

Sure, some jazz uses all the notes , some Indian music uses quarter semitones, maybe it's because i'm old - I'm not arguing against new music - I just feel it's all too conformist - too much 4/4 too little dissonance/exploration. - In short, not new. (perhaps I'm just arguing against the mainstream).

If this starts an argument - all to the good!

Computers offer amazing possibilities to play the unplayable and explore new places - maybe it's out there somewhere?

I'm sorry, are you talking to me? I'm certainly not claiming *shels to be a groundbreaking band on the bleeding edge of progressive music. They exist in a genre pioneered in the late 90s to early 2000s. I can provide you with some very progressive music, but typically it has not been meant with a warm reception here on the forums (for obvious reasons). For instance, take this Kayo Dot song, one of my favorites: 

Edit: lyrics are important to the song: http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858892214/

Florence and the Machine are very nice. I just wish they experimented a bit more with composition, ABABCB is sooooo boring.

Right now listening through Hunky Dory, now playing: David Bowie - Song for Bob Dylan

Edited by Kemaru