Andrew D

What music are you listening to?

I've started to take an unfamiliar liking to Techno lately, but I'm German, so that'd be just natural

Big genre. Too bad on this side of the pond its still considered ... unfamiliar or fringe in most circles. I blame Clear Channel for not opening up stations that would play it in most areas and of course for pushing some strange corporate idea of music on us all.

On that note, some blending in that area you may want to consider is from Emika. Been going through that artist's stuff for a few days looking for a sound that is haunting me ... Good solid composition without all the recent dubstep craziness for the most part.

For no real reason I am listening to Incantations by Mike Oldfield, it was recorded and released a year before I was born, but It is an amazing album. If I had the money I would buy Througham slad mannor (google it) just so that I owned a slice of history, knowing what I was living in a place that created and influenced such an amazing record :)

Edited by nitenurse79

and again, a song of Poets of the Fall, just love them and hoping that tahy will do a Europe tour soon, instead of just going to east and north Europe

Just listened to one of the first performances of Mika's new song, Underwater, from his new 2012 album The Origin of Love.

Cause all I need

Is the love you breathe

Put your lips on me

and I can live

underwater, underwater, underwater!

So I'm going to a Radiohead concert in less than a month (finally going back on tour!)

....but yet, despite their undisputed influence and legacy, I'm almost more hyped about another concert I'll be attending the week after. It's a little band called Of Montreal coming to town. They're my girlfriend's favorite band ever, so that kinda means that I have to like them, too ;) But in all reality, they're seriously good at what they do. Why am I so hyped? They're known for having some of the craziest concerts imaginable, something a cross between crazy dance-bowie-electro-pop, a play, and something else that nobody expects.

WARNING: As I recall, this forum isn't very fond of cursing, so listen at your own "risk"

If you dare, I highly encourage you to listen to the lyrics! This band always makes me happy with their comical but screwed up stories :D

Flashes of light I open my eyes

And feel the spark of a new life

I take a breath for the first time

And you are the rea-son my heart is beat-ing

You put the color in my world

Yeah, the color in my world

I’ve never felt so alive, alive

Like a brand new sun-rise

Dark has turned to light and I will ce-le-brate

All my wrongs made right

Eve-ry-thing has changed

My sins have been e-rased and it feels like

New years day!

Loving It!!!:D

Edited by NinjaManDan21

... funny how reading things on-line on forums can influence your listening material.

Edited by welshblue

Foo Fighters. I tend to listen to depressing music or calmer music when I am tired, as I am guessing is usual, and this song is quite fitting. It is called "Home".