Color Localizing?

First try using the search functionality when you have a question like that.

I found this http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1263&highlight=color+colour+black+white+photo

By searching for "color a black and white photo" and limiting the results to the tutorials section.

The basic technique is to start with your color picture, duplicate it into a new layer, change the new layer to black-and-white, and erase the parts of the black-and-white layer that you want to appear in color (this lets the colored layer show through).

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

It's not all that oddly named...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

"Search Engine Unfriendly", then. :wink:

I, for one, have never seen Pleasantville, so the name holds little significance for me. Also, if I'm typing in search keywords for having a colored object in a black and white image, "Pleasantville" is not the first term that comes to mind.

It's a good tutorial, just oddly named. :P

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I get what you're saying, and you have a good point. But it is the shortest way of referring to it that I can think of...and it's how they refer to the effect on Worth1000.com, which is prolific enough in the image editing community to allow that moniker to come into parlance.

So, yep :-) It is a good tutorial....but maybe "Pleasantville Effect (partially colored image)" might be better?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

You actually did a really good job with that. Practically seamless!