What browser do you use?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer 7
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Internet Explorer 5 (Windows or Mac)
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Opera(includes wii/DS and mini versions)
    • Mozilla Suite (Seamonkey, Netscape, etc.)
    • other

I use mainly Firefox, but sometime Opera, and sometimes IE7.

Is your sig from a real screenshot? It looks real but the show desktop icon looks different and the IE 7 icon is different then what it is on Vista.

Anyways for the second time,

Firefox FTW! :P

47306796ff8.png
@uH: I've heard many a time that they are fake screenshots, but then it is something Microsoft would pull out of the hat, it's very their style and especially inkeeping with their current product GUIs. But I agree, bulky=bad.

The fact is, by time IE8 comes out, FF4 will be nearly off the line and quite frankly IE8 would have to be able to browse the internet for me via telepathy for me not to continue with FF. Even if we're still using FF3, it will still have more possibilities than IE8 might have given Microsoft's penchant for rushing and missing things out. Plus, they say mid-2008 now, but by the end of the year with their first alpha release they will no doubt have added a month or two onto that, hence my first line of the paragraph "by time IE8 comes out, FF4 will be nearly off the line".

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_2

I was surfing around and came across that page,

it looks like they are planning to release FF4/ Mozilla 2 in Q1 of 2009,

however this doesn't mean that they won't release Firefox 3.5.

@Ghost Ranger: I don't think there will be that much of a difference between FF2 3 and 4 because there really isn't much to change but its customizability and file support.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

@Ghost Ranger:OK, maybe my timing was a little out, but the fact is FF3, FF3.5 or whatever version is a available at the time will no doubt still be more efficient, flexible and performance-wise better than IE8. IE, no matter how user friendly their UI is, has always been lacking in either accepted standards or technology (I can't remember exactly, but isn't IE7 failing most modern standards of web rendering?) whereas Firefox, Opera and Safari has been up to speed. Admittedly, Firefox isn't up to scratch but it's still beyond IE and evolving further and faster than IE. Then again, it swings in roundabouts, there are aspects of IE which outperform FF and visa versa.

So who cares what version will be out when IE8 ships, Firefox, among other browsers, will still be better unless Microsoft can pull up their socks and tighten their braces for the next release; which will be pleasantly shocking if they can.

My above statement contains claims which I have heard in passing but can't lay my finger on the sources, so take it with a pinch of salt. Digging around the interweb will however produce more harden facts.

Firefox is better than IE, and it because Mozilla takes it's time to program the browser,In fact I think its philosophy is to do less things over an amount of time, but do them way better than everyone else. While Microsoft's philosophy seems to be to do everything at the last second (as seen w/ IE7).

Compare these two pages:

http://secunia.com/product/12366/

http://secunia.com/product/12434/

As you can see Firefox has been out longer than IE, and has less Secunia advisories overall. And another reason why Mozilla's philosophy works is that if they can't get a certain feature in, no problem, just make a plugin.

(btw Firefox 3 Alpha 7 is being released in 2 days!)

They're the pages I've been looking for, thanks.

As for FF3a7, I'll be waiting until the Beta before trying out, for now all my plugins and themes are working fine on FF2 and I want to wait for the respective developers to catch up and update them for FF3. I personally can't wait to see what/if the new default theme will look like. Sad, I know, but I like things like that.

To keep things on topic, I use Firefox although I have used Opera in the past however found it too bulky and wasn't as easy to set up to my liking as Firefox was. Also tried Avant but wasn't keen on the layout or the overall feel.

They're the pages I've been looking for, thanks.

weird...

As for FF3a7, I'll be waiting until the Beta before trying out, for now all my plugins and themes are working fine on FF2 and I want to wait for the respective developer to catch up and update them for FF3. I personally can't wait to see what/if the new default theme will look like. Sad, I know, but I like things like that.

I actually like things like that too...

Some(

(you already knew that)

To keep things on topic, I use Firefox although I have used Opera in the past however found it too bulky and wasn't as easy to set up to my liking as Firefox was. Also tried Avant but wasn't keen on the layout or the overall feel.

I 'tried' opera and I think that the interface is... odd

Also, when I got the mouse gestures pop-up, I though :?, why would they include something like that w/ the browser. Most people probably don't even use mouse gestures, so why waste bandwidth?

...why would they include something like that w/ the browser. Most people probably don't even use mouse gestures, so why waste bandwidth?

I think that, apparently though it's quite popular with people who avoid using their keyboards as much as possible. Plus, I did have fun using it, but that's all it was, fun. It was never practical for me as using keyboard shortcuts is second nature now. Not in PDN though, using the mouse a lot it's easier to click what I want rather than striking a key/key combination.

Your right, which is why I came out with this line:

The title of the topic is after all "What Internet browser do you use?". Attempting to cover my tracks.