Can I Batch-Convert Numerous Images into Thumbnails?

Hello.

I was wondering if there is a plug-in available that can batch-convert numerous images into thumbnails.

Or, is such a feature already available in Paint.Net?

I am familiar with the Resize option, but thumbnailing dozens--if not hundreds--of images that way can be tedious.

I'd like to be able to set the image size, select a destination folder, and convert everything all at once.

What would be the most convenient way to do this with Paint.Net?

If there is a plug-in, could you please direct me to it? Are there installation instructions?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

J. Danniel

The task is certainly possible, albeit not using Paint.NET. PDN has no scripting or batch-processing features.

There are alternatives, such as one of the "Power Toys" Windows offers. You could also search freeware repositories such as SourceForge.net or SoftPedia.com. SourceForge turns up one called ThumbMe which is currently in stable production status. I've never tried it myself, but it too is built on .NET. :D

Cheers

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Funny,

When I first started with PDN, the only thing that made me keep an old bought software was that PDN couldn't batch process. I was getting tired of not being able to get updates for that particularly out dated software.

Someone turned me on to irfenview (spelling error maybe), which does all that for me now, so, I am all freeware here.

Sage

When in doubt, Try it out.

greenandfire.png

I made this sig file using http://www.anim8or.com and making all of the textures with http://www.getpaint.net

I love freeware.