Jake2k's thanks

Hello everyone, I was thinking today and it occured to me that the only reason im making decent digital art is because of this program and the members of this forum. When I started gaining interest in gfx all I had to work with was M$ Paint so needles to say I wasnt improving much at all, then I acquired a version of PS and after about a day I found that it was way to complicated for someone with a short attention span like me. Seeing as how I really liked doing gfx but did not have the right tools I thought that the end was close on this hobby, but then someone suggested Paint.NET and I quickly downloaded it and tried it out.

I was amazed at how easy it was to learn and operate, after messing around with it a bit I turned to this forum for the tuts, plugins, and help. Now a little over a year later im making art that I would never have dreamed of being able to do and it's all thanks to you guys.

Thanks to Rick and the other developers for making such a wonderfull program and thanks to the forum members for making great tutorials, amazing plugins, and for all the insight and knowledge that has been shared, not to mention the inspiration for many of my peices in "The pictorium". To this day I can say that 99% of my digital art has been made in Paint.NET and I often have people ask me what version of PS I use haha. I look forward to the day when this program will be the better alternative to PS, I believe that it is very possible as long as development continues the way it has.

I am now looking to persue a carreer in digital arts and I know that means I will have to bite the bullet and learn how to use other programs like PS but just know that if I do succeed in my goals to make a living off of gfx I will always use PDN when I can and will give thanks to it when allowed.

Thanks again to everyone here, Jacob D. Tompkins

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Your constant work has always been a pleasure to view and at times an inspiration, from your signatures to your classy style, so no, thank you. Not having contributed much to this forum I can't take any credit to your thanks but I do hope to see your continued work appearing in the Pictorium and elsewhere on the forums.

Digital arts, eh? Fabulous! You'll do splendidly, I'm sure. :D

You know, I share the exact sentiment that you are expressing. I really don't know where I would be if Paint.NET and all of the great folks on the forum hadn't influenced my life. It's really awesome to consider!

On a side note, I really love your new signature graphic, Myrddin. 15/15 for how clever it is and the great execution!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Oh right, then, I'm saying thanks too!

Beacuse I've always thought I couldn't use nothing better than MS Paint... my father always kept telling me 'you gotta start using some more intelligent program' and I couldn't... but wait: I could even fake some GameBoy screens with Paint! I made a whole new game with it!

But whatever... there was one day I really believed that no program would fit me (or that would fit no program...) and my friend said 'Hey, see this program here, guess ya can use it', and thenI downloaded it, and WOW! It was so easy, simple! Of course, it was version 2.5... but still, I loved it.

Now I use it for absolutely everything! THANKS A LOT RICK! And also BoltBait and everybody else... I love PDN.

logoforum3eg4.jpg

I'm BRAZILIAN!

I love Anime Art!

Thank you, thank you :lol:

I guess we're all in the same boat, I wonder what I'd do if I didn't have Paint.Net. I was looking for themes for my computer on crystalxp.net, and -- hey! a free editing program! I downloaded, and it's awesome. Thanks Rick, and all the developers :wink:

Sig-1.png

Same from me. I don't think people realize what work gos into coding a program until they actually take time and look at the source code.

Rick and all the others did an outstanding job.

Without the forum, PdN is dry... its still a great program, but its the forum that really makes it what it is.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Jake, I hope the future career won't interfere with the work you post on the forum. Seeing what you do has always inspired me (in a "What! How the heck did he do that?!" kind of way). I'm looking to go for a career in graphics design or something related as well, but I'm not out of high school yet, so I have a ways to go yet. Keep us all posted, and keep up the amazing work!

I admire anyone that would take graphic design to a career level... I don't think I could stand it. It would just be too difficult trying to create something someone else wants me to create instead of something out of my own mind.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]