Tracing from a scanned immage

I am trying to convert a scanned image into a drawing that I can color later on.

Is there any way to trace it? The curve line tool has only four points and i can not make it curve all the way as I need it.

with gratitude in advance,[/img]

Try the Ink Sketch effect.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Moved to Questions and General Discussion

Please read the Announcements at the top of each forum.

The Tutorials forum is for tutorial publishing only.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Open your image. If your picture has a lot of black, it might help if you lover the opacity some. Make a new layer on top of your original picture. Antialiasing on and blend mode normal. Make sure you know how to make a Bézier curve. http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/LineCurve.html They are more helpful then you think. Draw your drawing the hard way, line after line, bit by bit, in the new layer.

It might sound like a big job, but it can be done.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Thanks. I was able to do this and get my drawing in. However, I had to use multiple segments of curve lines. The result is not very smooth.

I am trying to reselect the line segments (to make my drawing look smooth) with a mouse click. Unfortunately, mouse click on line does not select the line segment. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other button for selecting such line segment in part of my drawing?

Once the line has been finalized, it just becomes part of the image. At that point, you just have to use regular image editing tools to modify the line, so make sure you have them adjusted exactly as you want before switching tools.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!