Can You hide the selection line?

I probably would have found out by now if it were possible but I'll ask anyway to make sure.

Is there any way You can hide the 'selection line' ?

If You for example have an area of a photograph selected and want to make color adjustments to it the line is in the way. You can't really exactly see how the 'transition' looks.

I hope You know what I mean.

bottlesignew.jpg

When there is a selection present, switch to the Move Selected Pixels tool, click and hold anywhere on the canvas. This action will make the selection disappear until you un-click. Be sure to hold the mouse still as to not to move your selection.

"But, wait!".... the History Windows says you did infact move the selection.:shock: Well, if you didn't move the mouse then you didn't move the selection. I'm assuming that it's just simply recognizing you clicked on the canvas with that tool. In any case, if you're unsure if the selection moved or not, simply undo it.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

When there is a selection present, switch to the Move Selected Pixels tool, click and hold anywhere on the canvas. This action will make the selection disappear until you un-click. Be sure to hold the mouse still as to not to move your selection.

"But, wait!".... the History Windows says you did infact move the selection.:shock: Well, if you didn't move the mouse then you didn't move the selection. I'm assuming that it's just simply recognizing you clicked on the canvas with that tool. In any case, if you're unsure if the selection moved or not, simply undo it.

That is a good idea. I still can't do it while I'm making the changes and have to 'check' how it looks...But it helps. Thanks.

bottlesignew.jpg

That is a good idea. I still can't do it while I'm making the changes and have to 'check' how it looks...But it helps. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Correct. It would be nice you could hide the selection by way of the Ctrl key. The Text tool makes use of this nifty little feature....

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

No, it's not technically in The Rules, but I would consider against the spirit of Rule 1, Do not Shout.

We all came into this topic to read what you have to say. You don't have to assault our eyes with an obnoxiously large font to get our attention.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Is that in the rules? If not...

That seems unnecessarily confrontational. If you want to be able to find your posts, use a signature that's identifiable. If you're just using it to "be different" or "because you like it," remember that no one likes someone who's a rebel just for rebellion's sake. Have a reason - a good reason - or be courteous and go back to a more normal size. You seem like a reasonable person - don't make others think you're a troll. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Be nice.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.