Paint.NET v3.10 Preview

Yup I just noticed the shadow. Looks good.

Btw I skimmed thru your blog yesterday. It gave me more insight on you and how you carry yourself in a professional manner, other than the beer drinking pictures :D Thanks for your hard work.

The way the border is drawn is completely different as well. It no longer looks like it's from Windows 3.1, and has the drop shadow.

Rick, this may be a little off topic, but I've always wanted multiple color gradients. By that I mean like red, white, and black. The primary and secondary colors would be the first two colors, and the user would have to choose a third color. Definitely something I would use!

Hi. This is my signature. :)

Rick, this may be a little off topic, but I've always wanted multiple color gradients. By that I mean like red, white, and black. The primary and secondary colors would be the first two colors, and the user would have to choose a third color. Definitely something I would use!

That would be nice :) Now go create a plugin that does that. Please :(

Sounds good to me. But is the gaussian blur slider's lenght going to change, or are all the... magnitudes going to augment by 5%?

I don't think what I said is very clear... :roll:

Say the slider is currently at 200. Is it going to go above 200, or will it stay 200 and be stronger? Because I would like to still be able to do very small blurs.

Sig-1.png

i dunno if i have posted this in the correct place but i will say it. I think it would be a good idea to allow right click on layers so it brings up a menu e.g. add new layer, delete layer, duplicate layer etc... i remember when i first used pdn and when i went to do this i got very confused because i am so used to PS and right click was wat i always used.

TKSD.jpg

i dunno if i have posted this in the correct place but i will say it. I think it would be a good idea to allow right click on layers so it brings up a menu e.g. add new layer, delete layer, duplicate layer etc... i remember when i first used pdn and when i went to do this i got very confused because i am so used to PS and right click was wat i always used.

I think that when you first open PDN, there should just be a link that directs you to the forums, where you can start learning :D

Sig-1.png

That would be nice :) Now go create a plugin that does that. Please :(

There is one already, created by BoltBait and Illnab1024, here. To get techincolour gradients such as this:

gradient.png

To create something like this, select identical or very similar colours for both primary and secondary, then select the radio button marked HSV Long. Here is a simple explanation of this from Crazy Man Dan:

HSV fades along the HSV curve. RGB fades from the primary color to the secondary color.

So, say you choose a green for your primary color and a blue for your secondary color. RGB would fade from the geen to the blue. HSV would fade from the green, through teal, to blue. HSB long would fade from green, through yellow, orange, red, violet, to blue.

For those of you who have PDN 3.0, look at H slider under the More >> tab of the color window. HSV fading fades along that color band, between your two selected colors. HSV long just goes around the long way.

Or here is another explanation:

Maybe this will help you understand:

Going from orange to blue...

RGBHSV.jpg

Image credits to BoltBait

RGB follows a straight path across the color wheel.

HSV follows a curved path around the color wheel.

HSV Long follows a curved path taking the long way around the color wheel.

I hope I could be of help.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I would simply like to see Opentype support. Unless there's a plugin that I'm not aware of I can't use any of my purchased fonts for design work. Which I'm sorry to say renders the current iteration of Paint.NET fairly useless to me unfortunately. :(

Although I must say that I am quite enjoying what has been achieved in the program thus far from my limited experience. :)

Is .otf compatibility really such a big hurdle for the app?... or, is it included on the roadmap for a future release?

I'm sure I speak for everyone reading that post, but...

L.Rawlins, How is that different than a request?

By saying anything at all, in a wishful manner, about an option that is currently not available, you are requesting that implementation of that option be considered...

Also, your first comment was off topic from this thread. If you have any requests that have not yet been addressed, please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster