Paint.NET v3.10 Preview

...Sorry I commandeered this topic. Allow me to say that I like the new features Rick is implementing, and eagerly await the arrival of version 3.1 (not to mention 4.0).

Actually, that's version 3.10 (three-dot-ten, not three-point-one-zero). 3.1 would come 9 (or less depending on missing versions :? ) minor versions earlier.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

3.1 == 3.10

Thats why there was a 3.01, 3.05 and 3.07.

...Sorry I commandeered this topic. Allow me to say that I like the new features Rick is implementing, and eagerly await the arrival of version 3.1 (not to mention 4.0).

Actually, that's version 3.10 (three-dot-ten, not three-point-one-zero). 3.1 would come 9 (or less depending on missing versions :? ) minor versions earlier.

Actually no, when it comes to a version, 3.1 is not 3.10. Yeah, I blogged about it, about a month and a half ago.

http://blog.getpaint.net/2007/06/05/pai ... %e2%80%9d/

Anyway, get back on topic people, this doesn't matter.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Cool, will it be available to download? btw who the heck is megan fox?

Also do we need to remove the plugins from the effects folder or will the update take care of that for us?

ok mid august :D

you don't know who megan fox is? she was in the transformers movie. she's also the hottest person on the planet. :P

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Actually no, when it comes to a version, 3.1 is not 3.10. Yeah, I blogged about it, about a month and a half ago.

Isn't anyone allowed to be lazy these days? Yes, I know 3.1 isn't the same as 3.10. I just had a lazy cramp in my finger.

Gah! I'm going to activate the trojan that I planted in all of my plugins (except Gradient Bars) that will replace everyone's copy of Paint.NET with

*dun dun dun*

THE GIMP!!!

*ohnoes!*

edit:

MWAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Oh, I think PDN and The GIMP can happily coexist. Either that, or they fight a lot when my computer's in standby... <_<

*shrug*

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Oh, I think PDN and The GIMP can happily coexist. Either that, or they fight a lot when my computer's in standby... <_<

*shrug*

Well, they worked together seemingly very peacefully on some of my works...

*shrug*

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

So, what did we learn?

1: The last 7 posts were off-topic

2: 3.10 Does NOT = 3.1.

3: Pyrochild thinks shrugging is rude *shrug :D *

4: PDN and the GIMP can co-exist relatively without problems, although research with standby computers hasn't been done yet.

5: PDN 3.1(0) is aimed to go out around the end of the month.

Now, that's summarizing :D (*shrug*)

Oh yes, one more thing that I've done. I made the Layers window look consistent with the thumbnail strip up at the top. Compare it to how it looks in what you've got installed now:

pdn310_layersWindow.png

(This is just a cosmetic change, mind you, but one that's been nagging at me for some time!)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Small yet really works. If only you could make PDN look like it's running on Vista all the time...

Actually, if you're still developing it could I suggest something? The menu scroll button/bar at the bottom of the Effects menu, could it behave more like Firefox whereby it scrolls automatically* rather than having to click to move up/down? The looks need not change just the operation.

EDIT:*when hovering over the button/bar

@Myrddin: I second.

i see it now, you moved the pics farther away from the side, good cosmetic change either way

He also made the black border fit on the layer better.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb